Chapter 2

I began thinking of everything we went through

----

October 15, 1975

I touched michael's hand accidentally as we walked side by side, I've realized I'm in love with my best friend.

The things out parents said years ago were true. I really do love him, and I hope he loves me... but I mean, I'm nothing special. Why in the world would he love me? Out of all people; me? It won't happen, I'm just wishful thinking here. We're both 17. He's already got Tatum anything.

"So Michael, how are things with you and Tatum?"

"Great actually," he responded "she treats me so right, girl. I love her a lot."

I faked smiled. "That's great Mikey, I'm glad your happy."

He heard the sadness in my voice, I could never hide anything from him. He always found out somehow.

"What's wrong? You seem upset."

"Oh no, I'm fine!!"

He smiled, "okay." But he didn't believe me. We were on our way to meet Tatum at the park for a day out. Honestly, I hated it. Michael gives her everything, money, rings, clothes, anything she wants and she doesn't even respect him. He's told me about times when she's tried to force him into sex, but he's only 17! He doesn't want that yet, he has morals; unlike Tatum. She just wants his stuff. I kept my head down for the rest of the way. It was awkward. I was quiet and anything I said, I respond quickly and sharp. We arrived at the park and Michael ran up Tatum. "Mikey!" She hugged him, she saw me then pulled him forward and began kissing him hard. His face turned a bright red. He was shocked and embarrassed, but he liked it... I don't know why. He smiled after she stopped and bit her lip. "So, what expensive place are you taking me too today Mikey?" She asked.

"I.. Um.. Planned on all of us to go to the movies tonight." He answered slowly because the movie were not expensive; Tatum didn't like that.

"Well, who is this us? Wasn't it just me and you.. ONLY?" She tried her hardest to make me feel outcasted. I blushed and turned around feeling hurt. My face burned. I felt unwanted, the tension was so thick. She obviously was jealous of Mikey and I's friendship.

Michael looked down sad. "Well I was hoping we could take Maria, she's my bestfriend."

"Well I'm your girlfriend. Doesn't that mean anything?" She said and played with his shirt.

"Of course- but" she cut him off by kissing him. "So it'll be just us then."

He looked at me trying to give me an explanation.. I put my hand up and stopped him. "Save it Michael. I don't need an explanation. Have fun with this- I mean.. Her." She looked shocked and her jaw dropped.

"Come on Mikey." She grabbed him, and ran off. I shook my head and started walking home. It was along walk. I realized it was going to ran. "Ugh" I mumbled to myself. Around 30 minuets into the walk it started pouring down rain. I didn't mind much because by this time I was crying. Michael hurt me so bad. I didn't get how he could ditch me for her.

I finally got home, my parents were out of town, so I was alone. I took a shower, changed my clothes, brushed my teeth, did my chores, and went straight to bed. I was so disappointed in Michael, I didn't care about anything.