Chapter 51

Sarah's POV

I stare into the cold eyes of the group around me. I can name everyone of them easily.

Lucius Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe Sr, Gregory Goyle Sr, Antonin Dolohov, Peter Pettigrew, Rudolphis and Bellatrix Lestrange, and...

Voldemort.

Nagini, his snake, slithers along around my feet. Its soft hissing sends nervous chills up my spine. I gulp down cautiously as I wait for someone to talk.

"Now tell us all about your cousin, Potter." Bellatrix spits out.

"Ha, you're funny." I retort. I hear a unusually quiet crunch of the soft snow around me. I nonchalantly look over the shortest of the group, Pettigrew, shoulders. I can distinctly see Harry and Ron worriedly standing there, taking in the scene in front of them, but quickly duck down behind a rock.

"Let's grab her!" Pettigrew yells.

"Ah sey ha, sey ha." Voldemort hisses.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Right now I want to open my eyes and be in front of the warm fire from the Gryffindor Common Room. Or, maybe I will scream, and someone, other than Ron and Harry, will come to my rescue. But, the only other people around me are so intoxicated that they wouldn't be able to help at all.

Lucius Malfoy steps forward, and reveals someone who was hiding behind him; Draco Malfoy.

Ron's POV

"We have to help her!" I whisper-yell to my best mate. He turns and looks at me.

"Mate, we are completely out-numbered. There is no way-" he starts, but is cut off when someone behind him puts hands over his mouth. I look behind him to see an identical version of Sarah behind Harry.

"Jessica?" I ask dumbly. She releases Harry and nods.

"Hermione saw me in the halls. I told her to go back and that I would deal with this before she got in trouble. Now go." she says, trying to push us back.

"No! They have Sarah surrounded!" Harry replied hastily.

"Trust me, if you don't, she will die." she answers.

"But what about you?" I ask. She looks down.

"Draco's over there. I can get them to change their mind for now, please, go! Run!" she says. I shoot a look over at Harry, who nods. We both get up and run back towards the castle.

Once at it's gates, I look towards Harry, who is panting along with me.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask worriedly.

"I don't know, but I don't get why you would care." he says, breaking his glance from me.

I look at him utterly confused.

"What! You don't think I care about her!" I yell at him.

He turns and looks at me. His green eyes filled with anger and disgust. "You didn't seem to care about her or her feelings tonight." he says, surprisingly calm.

Wait, does this mean that what I'm thinking could be true?

Think, Weasley. Think!

"S-she..." I stumble out.

Harry just nods, looking back towards Hogsmeade. He then turns slowly and walks into the castle, heading towards Gryffindor Tower.

We arrived to Gryffindor Tower pretty quickly. It was a silent walk, and I still don't know what to stay. I start to head up to the dorms, but I notice Harry isn't following me. Instead, he is sitting anxiously in an armchair by the fire.