VI.

Scaling the wall, Drake reaches one side of the archway and peeks his head over the corner, catching a quick glimpse of the guards—about eight or so—scattering throughout the museum's main lobby like an ant pile that had just been stepped on. A long stretch of counter sits in the center of the room for the receptionist, and throughout the room are various cases of artifacts. A guard glances his way and he quickly pulls back, retracting his head against the wall.

"How many?" Lara says, cocking her gun. She glances the direction they came from, making sure that guy chasing them hasn't caught up yet. He probably got lost in the labyrinth of what seemed like randomly intersecting hallways.

"Looks like eight. All armed."

"I think the gunshots came from this way!" One man hollers, running out from another hallway. Drake turns his head around the corner and watches him signal two guards to follow him. They run down the hallway while the other six remain in the lobby.

"Make that six." He whispers.

Lara leans over him to snag a peek for herself. "Okay, what's the plan? Take 'em out?"

"Gunfire would just draw more of them in. Let's sneak our ways to the front and bust through the entrance."

She shrugs. "Worth a shot."

A guard walks past and stands in front of one of the displays on their left. Drake slips over the corner and crouches, using the display as cover as he hurried scuffles past it and takes cover behind another display.

Following him, Lara quietly makes her way past the first display when the nearby guard turns around to look at it. She leans her back against the bottom of the case and holds her breath.

"Qué feo." He grunts, his face scrunching up as he looks at an ancient dining set organized inside of the case. He shakes his head.

Drake glimpses at the other guards, then over at the one distracted with the dining set, and quickly makes his way to duck behind the next display ahead of him.

The door is only a few feet away now. He just has to wait for Lara to get the opportunity to catch up.

...Or does he?

Drake sticks his head up to peek through the glass of the display and a nearby guard turns his way. "Crap." He mutters, quickly ducking.

Worried, Lara pokes her head around the corner of the display to look at Drake. Her lips read the words "Did they see you?"

He tosses out his hand in a casual gesture. "Nah."

"AQUI! AQUI!!" The mercenary yells, aiming his rifle his direction.