Chapter 11~ Amber

I shouldn't have come back to the store. I can't be in public for very long. It makes my skin crawl, and my insides ache.

I just made things 100% worse by punching Nathan. I wish I never came. He will do something bad. I wish I never dragged Ed into this horrible mess. He doesn't deserve this. I just hope he doesn't ask me too many questions about Nathan and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan came to my school after the winter break of my senior year. He was a senior as well, but he bullied a lot because of where he was from. He was out of place, as I was. We had forth period together, and at first I had no interest in helping him. One day though, I could no longer stand the way everyone treated him. I fought for him, and I suppose that he took it as me trying to get close to him. He asked me out to the winter formal, and I told him I don't do dances. He was sad I turned him down, but I told him to meet me after school in the parking lot.

We met in the parking lot, and I told him that I wouldn't go to the dance with him, but that we could go somewhere else. He was so excited, but I could have cared less.

We exchanged numbers, and the night of the dance I picked him up. We went to this barbeque place in town to eat.

Somehow I let my guard down, and the next thing I knew, I had a friend. Neither of us was alone at school anymore. We were together, and he had me to protect him. I think we were both happier than we'd been before we started to hang out.

I still tried to make it very clear to him that I didn't like him like that. I actually only hung out with him at first to protect him from other people and himself.

One night I went over to his mansion of a house, and he greeted me in with a hug. I awkwardly hugged him back because he wasn't wearing a shirt, so his muscled body was revealed. His hair was also beautifully messed up.

"The house is mine this weekend." I remember him telling me. I was instantly suspicious. You don't just invite someone over when you're half undressed and no one is there.

He kept on glancing at me with his big brown eyes, as he led me to his room on the second floor. It was like he couldn't believe I was there, and at any second he thought I might disappear. Halfway up the stairs, he put his hand on my back, and would not remove it. It stayed there the whole trip to his room. I was slightly frantic, hoping he wasn't about to do what I thought he was.

I hugged my arms around myself, and when we stopped so he could open the door, his grasp around my waist tightened slightly. We walked in the room, and instead of walking to his bookshelf and showing me whatever it was he wanted to show me, he led me to the bed. He pushed me gently onto the bed, and put himself atop me. I struggled to get free.

He had me pinned down, and began to reach his hands up my shirt. I tried pushing him off, but that wouldn't work. He seemed oddly turned on by me trying to get away. He continued his way feeling up my shirt slowly. He was three inches from my bra when I punched him in the chest it didn't affect him much. "STOP,"I screamed, but he didn't.

His lips grazed my ear and he moaned. I shrieked, and pulled out my pocket knife. I didn't aim to kill. I cut his arm with it.

This knocked him out of whatever trance he was in. He jumped away, which gave me enough time to get away from his grasp.

I ran out the door, and when I looked back, I wished I hadn't. He was staring at me with such a sad look on his face it hurt me. His arm was bubbling up blood, but that didn't seem to affect him much at all. He was more affected that I had hurt him. It hurt me to not try to get him to help, but I got in my car and drove away without looking back.