Pillowtalk - Chapter 5

AN: Hey guys! I know i'm super terrible and I totally understand if you hate me. I have updated in more than a year. But here is the next chapter of WHAT ONCE WAS...

When you love someone, you notice all the little things about them. The things that make them, well them. From the way that their smile may not reach their eyes, or how when they laugh - the corner of their eyes crinkle. All these little things, can only make you love them more.

Bell's P.O.V

"Is he gone?" I asked as I poked my head out from behind the kitchen wall. Max who was currently raiding my fridge for anything edible she could devour. "He's gone - hey how long has this been in the fridge?" she held up a plate with leftover pizzas from two nights ago before sticking her head back into the fridge and rummaging around more.

"It's edible, but Ryan may hunt you down." I replied as I warily exited from my hiding spot. I had been avoiding Jace ever since the incident. It was something I tried my hardest to forget and I knew if Jace found a minute to talk to me, he would want to talk about it. And after having Ryan and Max both interrogate and fuss over me for days - I was very much over it. 

"I don't understand why you are still avoiding him, I mean you can't avoid him forever." Max spoke as she sat down opposite me, offering me a piece of pizza.

"I know I can't and you know why. But it's also because I am sick of always showing him how overly emotional I am, when he is like a brick wall. It's just frustrating as heck!" I sighed as I ran my hands through my currently knotted mess of hair.

Max shot me a sad smile before going to say something when the voice that spoke was nothing like Max's and more like my Neanderthal of a brother. 

"Max! Whatever god you believe in, you better pray to them now because I am going to kick your ass!" Ryan growled as he stormed into the kitchen, further proving my previous thought on him being a pre evolved  species. 

"Oooh, someone's got their man period! It's a few pieces of pizza, you'll live RyRy!" Max chuckled as she purposely emphasised the chewing and the swallowing of the last bit left of her piece of pizza. I glanced between the two, it would be a miracle if this didn't turn into a full blown argument. 

"Are you two girls going to the party at Rick's tonight?" that voice belong to the person I had been trying my hardest to avoid. I had completely forgotten he had entered the room with Ryan due to the quarrel that had almost immediately started. My eyes darted to Jace and as much as I tried to stop myself, I found myself taking his appearance in. From his dark brown hair that was slightly damp with sweat, the tiny scar he had on his chin from when he face planted skateboarding and his ocean blue eyes were sweeping across each of our faces before finally resting on mine. My eyes had widened with embarrassment knowing he had caught me staring and by the amuse grin that hung off his lips, he was enjoying it.

"Yeah, we were going to go. Are you guys offering us a lift?" Max spoke, completely ignoring the mad bull I called a brother that was glaring holes into her head. 

"No." Ryan grumbled.

"Wait! We're going to a party?" I had raised my eyebrows at Max, I didn't even know there was a party. I thought we were going to spend our Saturday night pigging out on junk food and singing along to old disney movies. 

"Well it's settled then! We'll be going to the party tonight and we'll be carpooling with these two lovely gentlemen!" Max said as she clasped her hands together in excitement before shooting Ryan an evil grin, knowing she had successfully ruined his afternoon.