Chapter 4

~New years Eve. Alise’s POV~

Kate, Brenda, and I were setting up. We put some streamers on the ceiling and some ‘Happy New Years’ signs on the walls. It was simple, Kate brought her IPod and Brenda had hers and we had it hooked up so the music was blasting.

-about 30 mins later-

Everyone’s slowly coming in bringing chips and other snacks with. Of course Luis walks in with a case of “pop”. Whatever, I don’t even care. Carlos is one of the first to arrive. He kisses Brenda and walks over to where Kate and I are standing.

“Hey guys.”

“sup”

“hey Alise, I Gotta tell ya something.”

“Okay shoot.”

“Mikey broke up with Emma.”

Emma was Mikey’s girlfriend. They had been going out for 2 months now.

“…no way…”

“yeah! So uh get your flirt on. Hahaha”

I stand there frozen. I look over at Kate who’s grinning from ear to ear. She automatically hugs me and I hug her back. I’m freaking out, what am I going to say, do I look okay. KATE! Come to the bathroom with me! We’re in the bathroom both fixing up our hair and makeup, Kate doesn’t do anything special.

I’m freaking out inside, excited, happy, nervous, and scarred out of my mind! I feel bad for Kate, sitting there while I’m looking in the mirror, Do I look alright? Is my hair okay? Kate fix this. Kate do I look okay. Kate always replies Alise you look fine. Calm down, you look beautiful. She keeps saying that but it’s just not good enough. Kate just sits there and smiles as I’m spraying hair spray all over and throwing makeup on the counter. She finds this so amusing.

Brenda walks in to tell us Mikey’s here. Brenda walks back out to entertain her guests. What a good hostess. Kate looks at me and we start to walk out of the bathroom.

“Alise. Uhm, I just wanna give you my permission, even though its unneeded, to possibly date this kid.”

Kate saying this was just amazing to me. I hug her right away. ‘Your hair’ is all she replies. I let go and we walk down the hall to the stairs. I squeeze Kate’s hand and slowly make my way over to Mikey.

-3 hours later-

Its 11:00 and I can’t believe this. We’ve been talking all night and I’ve been juking on him for hours. Everyone’s starting to get tired so Mikey and I sit down on the couch. Brenda walks over to me and hands me a cup of hot chocolate. She says drink it, you gotta stay awake! I laugh and take little sips; it’s the best hot chocolate I’ve ever tasted. Mikey’s smile is the most amazing smile I’ve ever seen. Whenever I talk to him all I want to do is make him smile.

I glance over at the hallway and see Kate standing with Eric, Luis, Demi, and some guy I don’t know. Kate is having the time of her life, oh my god. Look at her face, she’s totally bubbly inside. Ooooh, and look at Eric checking her out. Woah! What is this? He’s totally into her. I hope Kate doesn’t screw this up!

I look back at Mikey and he’s starring at me. I can feel like face starting to blush but hide it right away.

“Why you looking at me like that?” I said smiling

“I don’t know. But… can I tell you something? And I’m completely honest.”

“uhm.. okay go.”

“I uh…. I… hmph. Alright well… *sigh*”

“oh my god just tell me!”

“I really like you alright?!”

“don’t lie to me mikey”

“no. I’m being serious. I do.”

I finally believed him. We sat there on the couch. His hand slowly making its way to my hip. I was in heaven, the way my head just fit into shoulder. I could sit there rubbing his chest, while he would whisper stupid little jokes in my ear. Don’t ask why, but it was like we didn’t even have to talk. We finally came out of our trance when someone turned on the Chicago News. I leaned my head in on his chest and listened to his heart. I could feel his muscles tighten, so either he was trying to impress me or I make him nervous. Hahaha. I looked up to see him smiling and look over to the Carlos (his best friend) mouthing something to him. As soon as he see me looking at him he stop talking…weird.  I looked around the living room but couldn’t find Kate… or Eric… OH MY GOD! No way! Are they together? Are they talking? Does he like her? Are they happy? Oh my god what are they doing?! Kate don’t ruin this. Oh wow… you know tonight is just perfect. IF this is was on replay for the rest of my life I would be perfectly content and die a smiling old women.

5…4…3…2…1…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

                I broke out of my thought and realize that everyone is standing up and cheering. I turn around to look at mikey and he plants one on me right there. He smelt so good. As we started to kiss more and more my hands found my way to his cheek to his shoulder to around his neck. We pull away and he looks into my eyes. I can feel butterflies in my stomach has he tries to open his mouth to say something.

“Alise… will you be my girlfriend?”

I was standing there speechless. He has no idea how long I waited to hear him ask me that. He has no idea how much pain I was in when I found out he was going out with Emma. How many times I thought about him. How many times I tried to let go but couldn’t.

“…yes.” I immediately hug.

The rest of the night went on great. Then he had to leave. I walked him to the door and he just looked at me. I was about to ask what he was doing when he kissed me again. I still wasn’t used to his lips against mine, he made my heart skip beats. He pulled away and said ‘I can’t believe you’re finally my girlfriend.’  He was one of the last to go. I said goodbye one more time, kissed his cheek and watched him walk out the door, replaying my dreams that had finally become a reality. I walked back upstairs smiling. I found Kate in the bathroom brushing her teeth…