the lost kids

Here I am trying to jump off a bridge, or somehow end up dead and hopefully not in hell. Not that I will rethink this but...what is my life exactly?

My name is Reya Thrasher I'm 13, living in an orphanage, my mother never wanted me, my father left when I was three,I dont have any friends, nobody likes the dead girl. Addictions are my thing; to slicing my body with a cold, sharp piece of metal and I take pills to ignore all of the shit I get every single day because I haven't had time to check up on societal standards. I cry myself to sleep because I didn't kill myself, because my life is horrible. I'm not going to be a wimp, today I'm gonna do it. Nothing can stop me, this is my decision; maybe life isn't for everyone.

One step, and this will all be over.

Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me down from the side of the ledge. "
NO PUT ME DOWN!!!"
"I am not going to put you down! why are you trying to jump off this bridge? how old ARE you?"

I recognize the voice, "because I want to! I don't want to be alive!" I said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "How old are you anyways?" He asked and put me down and turned me around.

"Thirteen" I spat, "not that its any of your business Radke." I started walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you!"

"I'm not letting you go anywhere."

"And why the hell not?!"

"What if you try to kill yourself again?"

"That wouldn't be your problem, I don't know why you care"

"You're wasting your life running away from your problems and that wont get you anywhere"

"TELL ME ABOUT IT. Don't you think I fu.cking know that?"

"I live in a group home."

"Why are you there?"

"I've been there since I was young. Now fu.ck off and don't even think about following me"

"I'm going with you. If you can get out of there and try to kill yourself with nobody noticing then you shouldn't be there."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Take you home with me"

"Don't waste your time with my emo bul.ls.hit, man."

"Why do you think I'd be wasting my time?"

"Because I push everyone away, there's nobody getting special treatment, so don't don't waste your time."

"What's your name?"

"Reya"

"Well Reya, I've got all the time in the world."

"Good for you, I hope you know that other people have said that before, it "didn't work out" more times than I can count."

"What?"

"Someone says they want me then brings me back"

"That wont happen this time, I promise"

"People break their promises"

"I know."

"Why do you think I should trust you?"

"I don't think that."

"Whatever."

I start walking back, with him matching my footsteps. "Stop following me" I snapped.

"No."

"Fuck you! why cant you just leave well enough alone? You already stopped me from killing myself, so have t you done your good deed for the day?"

I took out my iPod and put my headphones in, trying to ignore him. 'Wretched and Divine' by Black Veil Brides played. I sang along to it until Ronnie pulled my headphones out of my ears.

"You can sing pretty well."

"No I cant, stop trying to be nice to me."

"Would you like me to be mean to you?"

"That's what I'm used to, I don't know why you're even still here."

''Nobody should think that everybody is mean or be used to being treated that way."

"Well surprise, I am."

"That's not right."

"I think nothing of it anymore, after a while you get tired of trying to fight your demons and thoughts so you agree with them."

"That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard a kid say."

"Probably I'm a sad person."

"Why?"

"Well there are lots of other reasons but I'm sad today because it's my birthday but the only person who would remember isn't here anymore, I'll be sad tomorrow because it will be the first anniversary of her death."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I hate it when people say that, there is nothing they could have done about it."

"I know."