Island Desire, A Sinfully Erotic Short Story (Excerpt)

*Please note this story contains strong sexual content and explicit language.  It is meant for mature readers 18 and over.

Finally able to relax, Melissa sighed.  She loved the way the sun felt caressing her skin.  It was so hard to believe that she was actually on the dream vacation she’d always longed for.  Well, almost the dream vacation she’d always longed for.  If only she had someone special to share it with, then it’d be the ideal dream vacation.  She never in a million years had thought she’d be brave enough to vacation alone.  But as she was finding out, she was strong enough to face just about anything alone.  For the first time in her life, she realized that she didn’t need someone to be with.  She just wanted someone to be with.  There was a difference.  And she also realized that she didn’t want to be with just anyone.  She wanted to be with the right person.  Someone who completed her, respected her, and loved her.  And unfortunately she learned that the hard way when her fiancé of two years crushed her heart.  He’d broken off their engagement right before the wedding which had led to her impulsively splurging on last minute travel plans.  She was now vacationing in the very spot she’d imagined her honeymoon taking place.  Never-the-less, she was excited to be on a long, well deserved vacation.  She pushed the thought of her jerk-of-an-ex from her mind and concentrated on the warmth of the sun and sound of the waves. 

Turning over onto her stomach to get some sun on her back, Melissa closed her eyes and listened to the hypnotic waves.  The little island cottage that she’d hastily rented online, couldn’t have been more perfect.  There wasn’t a soul on the beach just behind it.  And from what she could see, she had complete privacy.  Well, for now anyway.  She wasn’t sure for how long. 

Reaching up, Melissa unclasped her bikini top, releasing it.  She’d chance taking off the rest of her bathing suit if she was truly brave, but she wasn’t.  Even though no one was on the beach at the moment, making it seem secluded, didn’t mean it’d stay that way.  And the last thing she wanted was to ruin her vacation by being caught in the nude and embarrassed.

Once more Melissa let her heavy eyelids close.  The sun was so warm and perfect, making her feel comfortable and safe.  Her entire body felt relaxed for the first time in years.  She let the hypnotic waves lull her to sleep.

Suddenly, Melissa awoke, feeling a strong hand nudging her shoulder.  Startled, it took her a second to remember where she was.  Her eyes popped open to see a handsome dark haired man kneeling in the sand next to her towel.  She was still kind of in a daze, until she realized she was lying there topless.  Frantically, she sprung up into an upright position, searching for her bikini top. 

So much for not being embarrassed, she thought, feeling the man’s eyes on her naked breasts.

She looked up, making eye contact with him, catching a hint of amusement in his dark sultry brown eyes.  Then they dropped, staring at her bare breasts.  Quickly, Melissa grabbed her bikini top and held the flimsy red material over her chest in a desperate attempt at trying to cover up.  She was way too flustered to try and put it back on.  She’d never be able to clasp it with a strange man watching.

“I’m sorry,” he chuckled.  “I noticed you’d fallen asleep in the sun.”

“Oh,” she said, glancing at one of her shoulders which were already a deep shade of pink.  She winced knowing that it was going to hurt like hell in a few hours.  She’d hoped that her skin wouldn’t burn so easily after tanning last week, but she should’ve started several weeks prior to her vacation to build up a good base.

“I didn’t want you to burn,” he said.

“Um, thanks.”

“No problem.  I’m sorry I startled you like that.  Didn’t mean to.”

“No.  It’s okay.”  Melissa was still clutching her bikini top over her chest.  She hoped she was covering enough.  Feeling embarrassed as hell, she glanced down hoping her nipples weren’t showing.  They weren’t. 

Thank God, I kept my bathing suit bottoms on, she thought.  Geez, that would’ve really been awkward.

“I’m Brad,” the gorgeous guy introduced, holding his hand out for her to shake.  “I’m staying in the cottage next door.”  He nodded to his left.  Melissa had seen a couple of cottages nearby, but they were spaced out far enough to give privacy.  Or at least she’d thought they were.

Melissa looked at his proffered hand and smiled.  “I’m Melissa.  I’d shake your hand, but I’m kind of…”  She glanced down again at the girls she was trying to cover.  “You know… preoccupied.”

“Oh, yes.  I see.”  Brad’s eyes dropped down to Melissa’s breasts again.  She noticed him unconsciously lick his lips, drawing her attention to how full and kissable they looked.  Not that she’d ever kiss a stranger, but she couldn’t help daydreaming about what they’d feel like pressed against hers.  He was so incredibly handsome.

Ugh, what’s wrong with me? she scolded.  Why would I think such a thing?    

“I should probably go put some sunscreen on,” she finally said, feeling a bit flustered.  She figured it would be best to make an excuse to go inside before she did something stupid.  The last thing she needed right now was to be fantasizing about a man who caught her topless on the beach, especially while trying to mend a broken heart.  She didn’t need any more confusion and heartache in her life.

“If you want, I can help you,” Brad offered.  He motioned to a bottle of sunscreen he just happened to be carrying. 

Melissa raised an eyebrow at him.  Really?  He just happens to have a bottle of sunscreen with him?

“That’s why I came over,” he explained.  “When I was walking by I noticed your burn.”

Yeah right!  Melissa thought.  She laughed despite her embarrassment, “Sure it is!”

“It’s true,” he said, grinning.  His eyes held a boyish charm.  He lifted the bottle of sunscreen.  “May I?”

Melissa had never experienced a guy trying to pick her up with a bottle of sunscreen before.  She had to admit that this was something new.  Normally, in a situation like this, she’d just have a good laugh over his pick up line and say forget it.  But this time she decided to take a different approach.  She was going to do something completely out of the norm for her.  She was going to go along with this gorgeous guy’s cheesy pick up line. 

What’s wrong with a bit of flirting after a break up anyhow? she thought.  She deserved to have a little fun.  After all, he was way too gorgeous to dismiss.  She was on vacation to relax.  And what was more relaxing than having some muscle-bound, hunky, twenty-something, rubbing sunscreen on her back?  Not much that she could think of.  So, she had a change of heart.  She decided to drop down her walls and go for it.  She was going to soak in a little bit of attention as well as some sunscreen.  

“Yes,” she said, smiling, eyeing his bottle of lotion.  “I could use the help.  Thank you.”

Brad’s eyes lit up.  He ran a hand through his sexy spiky brown hair and Melissa watched his fingers, dreaming about what they’d feel like running through her own hair.  She couldn’t seem to take her eyes off of him and knew that she was staring.  He was just so breathtaking to look at.  She told herself that as long as she didn’t start drooling, it was okay. 

To read more of this sexy story visit Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Lexi-Lovelock/e/B00E6UZGVS