The Sirens

So this story has a story behind it.  I had always loved this idea, but was never sure if I should make it a story on Wattpad.  I began to write it in a notebook back in 7th grade, but forgot about it and misplaced the notebook.  Then my friend, Naomi, and I made a shared account on here and started making this, although it didn't work out very well and we decided to try another plot idea.  So then this poor plot idea was left forgotten once again, and I finally decided to make it into a story.  

I'm not sure if I'll continue past the prologue, but if I get enough good reviews, then I'll make the first chapter and go from there.

So please comment and tell me what you think and all that.  Thanks :)

As for the song, I wrote this while listening to it and I felt it sort of would be perfect as background music or something.  I know a lot of you enjoy Adele so go ahead and listen.

~ Prologue ~

I trudged home through the bitterly cold snow, the wind whipping at my raw cheeks. My hair swirled around my face, and a package was tucked under my arm.  The sky was beginning to become dark and the snow was falling harder every minute.  I let out a weak groan as I tightened the scarf around my neck and pulled the buttons of my cloak tighter.  

My ill mother had sent me to retrieve a package from my cousin who lied a few miles away.  It was only a few hours until my birthday, and I had a feeling that the package was for me. Possibly a new gown to wear since my aunt was a seamstress.  

I carefully made my way past the thin sheet of ice on the snowy patch that led to the village.  My mother was probably worried.  She was always nervous everytime dusk came on the full moon.  She would hide me in the corner of the main room of our tiny cottage and stuff candle wax into my ears so I couldn't hear.  She would rock me back and forth until sunlight came, but when I turned eleven, the rocking stopped and instead she sat rigid by my side.  I never understood why she hid me every month, and why she was so nervous and made sure both of us didn't hear whatever was outside.  Sometimes I could almost here a low tune, but whenever I asked her, I would always get turned down.

"Arianna!"  My mother called from the doorway, her tone frantic as she waved her arms.  I hurried over and smiled as she wrapped her arms around me and muttered something under her breathe.

"It's almost dusk!  I was starting to panic!"  she exclaimed while pulling me inside.  The warm air made my cheeks and frozen toes tingle as I took a seat on the floor beside the blazing fire.  

"I couldn't have you run off on me on your fifteenth birthday," she sighed while slipping into the tiny bed that I had dragged into the main room in front of the hearth for her.  I stayed silent and stared intently at the fire that crackled.  "I don't like you being outside, especially on nights such as those of the full moon." She laid back and sighed.  

"Why does it matter? You used to let me go out during the summertime to the cliffs by the beach and watch the stars." I gazed up at her weak features.  Her hair was unusually auburn with many silvery strands.  Her mouth was pale and thin and too small for her wrinkled face and bony cheeks.  She shot me a glare before pursing her lips and pondering an answer to my argument.