Chapter 72

((Friendly reminder that I start school tomorrow so enjoy this chapter. Hopefully ill be able to update but I don't make promises. VOTE !!!))

-Hayley's POV-

My eyes were barely ever dry as I sailed through the air miles above the water with hundreds of people i didn't know. I thought the more I had to be torn away from Niall, the easier it would become eventually. But that wasn't the case. Instead it became harder and more emotional. I would stare at the land below and choke back sobs at the memories that played in my mind. I thought about all the goodbyes i had said. Maura, Greg,Denise, Bobby, Chris, Niall... All of them. This family had become mine. They were closer to me than my actual family was any more. The pain stung in my chest.

Logan. I needed to go see him before classes resumed, which was more than enough time. I knew he was probably pissed at me for not coming home for Christmas. But not nearly as angry as Mom would be.

I shook the thoughts away from my mind. I had enough to worry about, more than enough.

I absent mindedly played with the silver clover pendant Niall had given me at Thanksgiving. I hadn't taken it off since then. Whether I was in shower or making love, the clover would always be found around my neck. A lot of times i would hold it in front of my face and study it for what seemed like hours. I had come to notice that "Niall" was engraved on one of the leaves. He really was more possessive than I thought.

I huddled into a ball, leaning against the window. Music poured through my headphones and the scent of Niall's cologne filled my nose. I had exchanged the blue jacket for a dark charcoal hoodie. It was way too big but I loved it.

I could feel my eyes begin grow heavy and my thoughts began drift off the blonde hair blue eyed boy that never ceased to amaze me.

-Niall's POV-

Even though my physical body was in the studio with the other boys, my mind was long gone. It was miles in the air, somewhere above the Atlantic. I picked at a tear in my jeans, not aware of everything going on around me.

I was worried. I was worried that something would happen to her. Like getting mobbed at the airport again or taking all the hate too close to heart. I was worried something would happen but I wouldn't be there to help her. I wouldn't be there to hold her or wipe away the tears. I wouldn't be there to remind her of how perfect she is to me. I wasn't there to do my job as her boyfriend. I wasn't there, and I hated it.

"Niall?" Louis' voice cut through my thoughts. I jerked my head up. He stood in front of me. He was wearing jeans rolled up and a pair of toms. His hair wasn't quiffed up, just like mine wasn't. He slumped a little to make sure he was in my eye sight.

"You alright?" He asked. I could hear the pity in his voice. As much as I appreciated it, I hated it as well.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as he pulled a chair closer. "No you're not." He insisted.

I shrugged again. "I will be. Hayley left earlier so I'm just ... Here.." I trailed off. I knew what was wrong with me but when I tried explaining it to others, it sounded insane. Creepy. Possessive. Obsessed.

Louis nodded as if he understood. He probably did. He and Eleanor went through difficulties all the time. The difference was, when he came home she was home too. If I was home Hayley wasn't, and if Hayley was i wasn't.

"You two definitely got your work cut out for you. Talk about long distance relationship."

I nodded.

"But I'm sure you'll work it out. You two have done such a great job. There's no doubt in my mind." Louis supported.

I shook my head. "Im not there, Louis." I said. "I'm not there to do everything I should be able to do. She deserves someone who can come over at two in the morning because she can't sleep. someone that will show up randomly and give her chocolates and flowers. She deserves someone that will make her skip class once just so they can go off and relax. She just.. she deserves someone who can be there and will be there whenever she needs him. and-"

I could have continued to ramble on but Louis cut me off. "Niall, she wants you. Not some frat boy or college athlete, she wants you. And she deserves you, and you deserve her. All of us have told her multiple times that she is the luckiest girl in the world, because she's yours." Louis explained. I had noticed that the other boys had found their way to our conversation but I tried to ignore them.

"Nobody said it was easy.." Louis continued more quietly. "but you have to admit that she's worth it."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, she is." I sighed. I didn't like all this attention directed towards me so I changed the subject. "She might be able to come to the Dublin show."

All the boys broke into smiles. "Well I hope she can make it."

me too. I thought. me too.