Prologue

Justice's Mother POV

"David!"  Late, late, late, late. Why did we always have to be late? 

"Grammy's?" Justice's adorable toddler voice spoke. She was below me, pulling on my legs.

"Yes sweetheart, we are going to Grammy's house." I first whispered, but then raised my voice, so my husband could hear,  "If only your father would hurry up!" 

I stared up at the empty steps. David really should be running down them by now. I understand we were only headed to my mother's house, but I really wanted to get there earlier, so we could have a relaxing Thanksgiving dinner. Justice was going to be big enough this year to eat the actually turkey, instead of that mashed up gunk that's called baby food.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry !It won't happen again. " His feet pounded down the stair case. That's what he says everytime. He rushed his just packed suitcase to the car. 

"Let's go!" I picked up Justice, and she wrapped her chubby arms around my neck.

I speed walked and locked the door behind me. David was now sitting in the driver's seat, honking the horn jokingly. Rolling my eyes, I opened the door of the back seat, and placed Justice in her car seat. 

She swrimed and whined, and I struggled to buckle her belt. 

"Shh.." I whispered calmly. Click! 

I closed the back car door, and walked around to the front seat. 

"Are we all buckled?" David smiled and looking back at our daughter. Justice was still swirming. 

I giggled," Yes,"

"Okay then," He took the car out of park, and backed up the driveway.

We had only passed our street, when I looked back, and our baby was already sound asleep. I sighed in relief. Hopefully we could enjoy a ride without constant screams and toddler trantrums. 

But I was all wrong... 

About a half hour later, Justice was awake again, screaming and kicking. 

"Mommy! Mommy! No!" She screamed. My neck was sore from turning around so often. She was flailing her arms and legs all around. David and I huffed almost at the exact same time.

"Shh...Justice we're almost there." He told her even though we both knew his words were false. There was bumper to bumper traffic not far ahead. 

Justice cried even harder. 

"Shh...it's okay baby---," 

"David! Watch out!" I shrieked. We were about to run into another car.

He tensed, and slammed on the brakes, barely missing the pick up truck in front of us. For a spilt second, I thought everything was okay. 

Wham! The car behind us, slammed into our back bumper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, but somehow in the crash, a nerve was hit." 

"Is she okay?" I cried into David's chest when I asked.

"Your daughter is very lucky." But then the docter sighed. "I'm afraid we must wait a few year before we can have surgey on her eyes."

"Eyes?" 

"Yes sir, your daughter is blind."

How'd you like the Prologue? The remake is so better, I know. Please vote and comment. 

Love yal,

Audrey