Chapter 3

Chapter Summary

Lucy gets an invitation...

Chapter 3

Lucy was surprised to see a small present hanging on the knob of her door. It was color blue with a Christmas card on it. It's still June, right? She picked up the bag and went inside her apartment. She sat down in her couch and placed the present on her lap, wondering who could have given this to her.

She retracted the card that was attached on the bag. For my loving neighbor. Lucy frowned at this. Not only did that sounded wrong, but the writing was worse. She didn't expect to receive something from her disfunc neighbor.

She opened the bag gracefully. Inside it was nothing except another card. Why bother buy a bag if you're only gonna give me a card? She took it in her hands and sighed. Letting her fingers roam the white scented paper that was folded neatly. She gasped realizing that it wasn't any ordinary card, it was an invitation.

It was a reservation for a table for two at a restaurant just across the building they were in. Lucy was thinking that this was kind of a sick joke so she left the letter lying on her couch. She went to take a nice hot bath from her long day with Levy, Erza and Juvia. They went shopping and talked about how their studies and their lives were going on. Practically, Lucy was the only one who had no boyfriend in the group making her awkward when they started talking about their significant others.

When she finished taking a bath, she dressed up herself into a brown shorts and loose tshirt with a bunny cartoon printed on it. She dropped into the couch, not quite feeling anything but tiredness, but she can't find herself sleepy just yet. The letter laid beside her, she tilted her head to stare at the invitation. Although she does not like it, she admits that maybe she and her neighbor just had a bad start, maybe things will change if they would just talk about it in some cafe downtown, damn it didnt even have to be somewhere else, they could just talk right there and right then at the apartment.

She didn't wanna go. She didn't wanna meet her neighbor. She didn't want any of this.

She just wants sleep.

- - -

IT WAS 9:30 PM. Past the supposed meeting with Lucy and yet she didn't come. Sting can't believe this. He tapped his foot on the ground in a fast and impatient pace, arms crossing and constantly looking outside for any blonde girl. A waiter carrying a bottle of wine and a wine glass in a tray approached Sting's table, asking if Sting wanted another fill on his glass, Sting shook his head no and lets in an angry inhale.

He cant believe this. His neighbor is actually standing him up.