Beyond Boundaries: Welcome, Darling.

Hope you'll listen to "Hello"! I really love evanescence! This song definitely defines the mood of this chapter :) 

___________________________________________________________________________

After striding for what seems like hours, passing through long, black and windy road, we finally reached our destination.  

An enormous manor stood ahead of us full of mystery. Grisly webs cover the bench found on the portico. Old oak wood entrenched with gold eccentric arrays acted as its fortress. Gigantic, abysmal trees ensconce the manor from the vivid beam of the sun. It is purposely hidden my perception says.  

It is dangerous.

But why is it… familiar?

Finally having the voice to speak, I anxiously ask Arron, who is staring at the house intently, beaming like a lost kid returning home despite of my evident anxiety.

“Hey, Jerk, would you mind informing the poor little Karsten where are we?” I gripped his hand tightly, aiming to get his attention, forcing him to respond.

He looked at me with those crystal emerald eyes like a reflection of flourishing valleys beneath the heavenly blue sky. My thoughts are adrift at the moment, hypnotizing me with his charm.

“At my secret den,” his voice full of pride. Smirking, he intertwined his hands with mine and led me to what I believe is the door. Though hesitant at first, I let him carry me away with his inhumanly strength.

Once we got inside, I gaped in awe. No one would ever believe with what I am seeing right now. Dazzling elegant chandeliers dangling in the middle of a spacious lounge, furniture full of velvety crimson red cushions, oh how tempted I am to laze on them… Behind it are long trails of silky black curtains draping amongst oak wood walls embedded with strange gold carvings, same with what I saw in the portico. I wonder what those mean.

As we pace forward, the light is getting dimmer. Halls are barely covered with glow and this bizarre feeling that creeps onto my skin makes my goose bumps rising.

“You never tell me where we are going!  I’m like a pretty rag doll being dragged by a little boy! I hate you!” I shouted furiously as I attempt to conceal my fear with rage. It’s not fair. I went here with him, completely clueless of what’s happening and he’s not even looking at me while I’m dragged!

“Here we are. Be careful.” clearly not affected by my surge, he said almost dearly. One can tell that he is excited.

What for?

We turned on the darker left corner and  strolled down the stairs, a basement. The path is mud-covered and  slippery, I feel uneasy and my brows are creasing, irritated. I can’t quite explain my state and  how annoyed and scared I’am right now. Try to imagine a cliché action movie where the protagonist is running away from the bad guy until he reaches the dead end and he has nowhere to go.

That’s EXACTLY my situation.

The difference is I’m not running away from anything, not from anyone, not from the bad guy because he’s with me.

The bad guy, who am I supposed to be running from, is with me.

He suddenly stopped and stared at the dark. I can see nothing, only I can feel his hands slowly loosening its grip from mine. Have we finally reached the dead end? Where is this digusting path heading towards to? And why am I here craving for gummy bears?!

My weird thoughts are swiftly distracted by…

Karsten, please don’t go… Don’t come near him, don’t come with him. He’s dangerous.

“Very dangerous,” I mumbled as a matter of fact. It’s the same old voice that hinders me from being with him. I like dangerous guys. Escpecially the hot ones.

Do you even hear yourself? Please, you may not come back… Don’t let him fool you. I care for you Karsten, I love you. Please, run now! I will protect you! Just run, now!

My feet are slowly stepping, following the instinct of running. But no! I’m not gonna run! I will go with Arron, no matter what. There is no turning back.

“Are you ready?” he asked seductively but no words came out from my mouth. I clenched my jaw and looked at him straight in the eyes, not sure of my reply.

Run now! RUN!

“Ye…Yes…”

“Close your eyes….” he placed his smooth hands over my eyes and I undoubtedly closed it. Maybe he has a surprise for me? A room filled with delicate surprises… Right?

Go on… keep telling yourself that.

I can hear the creak of the door opening and as we enter, I can feel the fiery hotness creeping up my skin. Screams and shouts are slowly increasing while roars from what seems like monstrous creatures fill the room.

His hands gently left my eyes.

My eyes widened with what I saw.

“Welcome darling. You just entered one of the seven gates of hell.” 

______________________________________________________________________________

Still confused with the voices in Karsten's head? that's a good thing =)) Do you have a guess WHO THAT IS? let me know =))