Chapter 9

As soon as i entered to doorway my mom came up to me and hugged me which was pretty hard to do with a pregnant belly and all. Even though i was and am still upset with her, i really needed to be comforted. 

"oh sweetie i'm so glad your okay, your sister called me and told me Brandon house was robbed and that you and him were missing-" i let go of her before she  could finish

"mom" i said

" and i told her-"

"Mom"

" that that was crazy and she should calm down-"

"MOM!" I raised my voice and she finally stoped taliking.

" its me Paige not Payten, shes still missing and you think im going crazy?" i asked her

" Oh my, no honey i didnt mean to, its just you and payten are identicle and i just got mixed up and its dark-"

"you know what, whatever. i'm guessing that since you thought i was joking you actually have no idea where payten is and nor did you speak to the police like you said you would, right?" i said

"well, no" she said looking worried

"so you mean, this isnt a cruel  joke of your?" she asked now getting panicked

"no mom it's not" i said shaking my head 

"oh no, this is bad, this is very, very bad. ill get your father and we'll go look for them, stay here with your brother in case she comes back, you call me okay?" she said panicking even more.

"okay, but you need to calm down, you could hurt the baby."  i said even though i was still freaking out.

"i know and your right, it's just my baby's gone and i wont rest until i find her." she said on the verge of tears. standing up from where i was sitting on the sofa i went to her and hugged her tightly, again almost six months pregnant is really hard to do so.

"alright, lets go" my dad said with his jacket on. and so i let go of my mom and they left to find Payten. while they were gone i was clutching onto the phone tightly incase anyone called or she showed up. at around 1;30 i went upstairs to check on  my brother, Toby was sound asleep and looked so peaceful. If only he had any idea of what was going on. i would honestly rather have my sister here and safe with me and accept to move to  Canada then have her out there, who knows where, who knows if shes alright.

 Canada! Shes buying us time so our tickets expire and we stay here a bit longer, but where could she be? Our frame, i thought. jumping up i sprinted to our room and started looking though boxes making a mess, but i didn't care. i needed to find our favorite picture frame with a picture of her and me. looking through box after box i had finally found the blue frame. taking out the back i flipped over the frame and there it was. we made an agreement that if we were ever gone for more than 8 hours without telling anyone where we were, we would put our location in the little corner of our blue but and she kept that promise, at least.

grabbing my phone i called amara"hello?"

"Amara, its me Paige." i said

"you know its like 2;30 in the morning" she asked tired.

"of course i know that! look i think i found my sister but im not sure yet" 

"really? where is she? do you need me to come with you?" she asked, sounding more awake.

"not exactly, i need you to come over and watch my baby brother, please im begging you"

" okay i'll be over soon" and with that we hung up.

quickly scribbling a note to my parents amara showed up, i quickly explained to her what to do, gave her emergency contacts and left. driving on the highway for two hours was tiring but i got coffee and i should be fine. 

Glancing at the clock i saw that it was already nine, meaning i had been driving for about six hours, and still had a long way to go. oh gosh Payten why so far. Not having slept in almost 33 hours i stoped at a coffee shop to grab another coffee and take a quick nap

i only slept for an hour, but boy did it feel refreshing. i drove another hour and reached a gas station at 11. i filled up on gas and went to use the rest room. When i was about to start driving my parents called.

"hello" i said 

"where are you? we come home and find a complete stranger watching Toby, have you lost your mind?!" my mom screams.

" i think i found payten, i'm not sure yet and i cant tell you guys where i'm headed, if i'm gone more than three days, the stranger, a.k.a Amara my friend knows where ill be. she wont tell you anything before three days so don't bother asking her yet, now i love you guys and i gotta go, i'm driving, bye." and with that i hung up.

when i finally had been on the road for about 19 hours all together with a few rest here and there i stopped in front of my destination. our old cottage. we haven't been here for about five years. oh how i hope she was here. Looking around i didn't notice anyone's car so there was a high possibility that she wasn't here, and if she wasn't here, i wouldn't know where to look anymore.

"PAYTEN!" I screamed at the top of my lounges 

"PAYTEN!!" No answer

i started to go inside the house but it was locked so i went to grab the key from under the matt but it was gone. Going around the porch i grabbed the key that was buried in the pot. with a dirty key in hand i unlocked  the door and breathed in a scent that i haven't been able to smell for years.

i run all around the house looking for my sister but i'm only met with with silence and emptiness.

"PAYTEN i swear to God if you not here i-i-i i don't know what i'll do anymore. Payten i need you and i can't stand that yyour not here." i stutter and whimper i go and sit on the couch crying for my sister and eventually i fall asleep.

A/N: did you like it? its been awhile since i've written  almost a year actually and I cannot begin to apologise I'm so sorry

anyways i hope you all liked it and don't forget to  

COMMENT 

VOTE

SHARE 

AND FOLLOW!

UNTIL NEXT TIME-LUCY;)