Colours - Bokuaka (Part 1)

Colours - it's what kids and teenagers alike dream about.

What does it look like? Is it pretty? Does it really bring people together?

I'm pretty sure everybody had asked those questions at some point in their lives because It's a slight mystery to us - how it works and all that complicated stuff that even Einstein can't figure out.

Well, 'colours' isn't the difficult part. The whole Soulmate thing in general is.

Like, some people were born with clocks on their wrist, counting down until you meet your soulmate. Or, some were born with a special tattoo that represents their destined lover.

Mine was, when I was born, I'm colour-blind until I meet my soulmate (It's common to get this one).

The unfortunate part about all of this was that we can't chose who we want to be with. "It's fate" they all say when they meet their lover. But, why does 'fate' have to be so cruel to me?

"Akaashi! There's this new movie I wanna see - can we please go??" Bokoto shouted down the hallway. He popped his head in my room - the smile that's always plastered on his face instantly turned into a frown.

"Akaashi? Are you still worrying about the whole 'Soulmate' thing?" He asked. I nodded.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he playfully waltzed towards my bed. He grabbed my hands and twirled me around. An amused smile appeared on my face - he's so cute.

After some shared laughs and clumsy dancing, we collapsed on the mattress, our hands still connected. A minute after, He gave me a worried look and another sigh escaped his lips.

"Akaashi~ I told you not to worry about it," Bokuto pouted, resuming to our original conversation.

"I know... but I can't stop thinking about it. What if..?"

"Look - I'll always love you, Akaashi. Don't worry about it." He gave me a small but sweet kiss on my cheek before leaving the room.

"If you want to see the movie, we gotta leave before 12!"

"Okay."

I rubbed my cheek - the tingling sensation still lingered. His sweet kisses; his warm hugs; everything about him...

As I open my eyes, the earth was painted with shades of grey. It gave me a reminder that the world was so brutal.
Bokuto was not my Soulmate.

And I can't see colour.

~

Turns out that we did watch the movie. It was a cheesy romance about a man trying desperately to get this girl who was way out of his league.

Bokuto seemed to have enjoyed it. He kept mumbling "that was so beautiful!" when the movie ended. Even tears started to stream down his face.

"You're overreacting Bokuto-san," I said as we walked out of the cinema.

"But it was so beautiful! So beautiful!" He cried and pretended to ugly sob on my shoulder.

"It was cheesy."

"It wasn't! You just don't have a heart!"

"Well, I'm certainly not a big softie for bad romance comedies, unlike you."

"Akaashi!"

-

We wondered aimlessly around the shopping centre, entering in any interesting shops that we passed by. Game/arcade stores where Bokuto and I had a friendly competition to see who would win the most games; costume shops where he'd try out the most ridiculous outfits ("I think that fits you really well Bokuto-san."); art and photo galleries where I got some inspiration for my next project ("Akaashi! I'm bored. Can we go now?"); and of course the sports shop since it seems we can't live a week without volleyball.