SolasxLavellan|Her Hair(Edited)

Warnings:swearing and a pissed off elf

The cool breeze ran through Mel's hair as she stormed away from the wretched meadow of hurt and sadness. Anger boiled in her veins and sadness clouded her heart.

The weather matches her emotions- cold and dark and like her, pissed. He didn't even consider how she felt- of course he didn't. It was just a "mess with her feelings and make her life a living hell." Well, screw him. Who needs love anyway? It's selfish, and being the Inquisitor, you can't be selfish. He only distracted her! He didn't love her! It was all one-sided.

The chilly burst of air flowed through her long locks of blonde and whipped it around her face. Huffing in frustration, she pushed it back, only for it to smack into her eyes.

"Stupid hair!" She hissed when the raging wind started to tangle the strands together. Mel felt like nature was intent on testing her patience- which she had none left. To make matters worse, a fat, cold water droplet plopped on her cheekbone and ran down her neck.

She turned her attention to the sky, and one could almost confuse it for night for how dark it was, but she knew it was just a storm that just happened to follow her.

^_^

A tired yawn escaped her lips as she walked up the stairs to her quarters- her clothes cold and wet. Mel pulled her gloves off and threw them down by the door, and slipped off her boots at the top of the stairs. She yanked off her scarf and tossed it into some abyss that was the pile of clothing next to her desk. A chilly gust of wind flooded through the room, and a shiver racked through her mostly/naked body. She scanned the room for the source, to see the balcony doors open

When did I leave those open?

Mel casually shuts the large glass doors, and finishes peeling off the wet cloth that was practically cemented to her body. She walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out a black silk nightgown that had a high color and cap sleeves. It was very form fitting, and stopped about three inches above mid thigh.

She was too tired to cry, but that didn't mean she wasn't dying inside, more than she already was. She wanted to storm down to his quarters and give him a piece of her mind, but she couldn't. One, she would wake up all of Skyhold with her loud yelling. One may think the keep was under attack by a dragon. Two, he may or may not be asleep. She may despise him right now, but Mel still needed him at his peak performance. And finally, last but not least, she would most likely break down in front of him, and cry like the little baby she was.

Big girls don't cry, Mel. You have to remain strong.

At least she knew the truth behind the Vallaslin. Sure, it was pretty, but pretty doesn't always mean good. Now, she didn't have slave markings in her face.

Seeing as the sun had began to peek out from behind the mountains, Mel decided it was time for bed. Maybe she could talk to Solas, clear up some of the confusion, and maybe- no. Not right now. Now she needed to sleep.

She pulled back the Nevarran-made quilt and settled into the cool fabric, soon warmed by her body heat. As she began to fade into the darkness of sleep, she felt the bed dip slightly behind her, and a strong arm wound itself around her waist.

Fresh linen and pine filled her nose as she breathed, her breathing leveling out.

"Ar lath ma, vhenan," the smooth, calming voice whispered into her ear, and a small smile played on her lips. A large hand massages the back of her head lovingly, just as Solas would.

Solas loved her hair. He said it reminded him of molten gold and honey that ran like a river. As would shine as beautifully  as a freshly cut diamond and always as soft as a fluffy cotton bud.

"Ar... lath ma... Solas," she mumbled back as she smuggled into the warmth as she fell into a deep, dark sleep, but not before she felt a small smile on the back of her neck and a pair of soft lips press softly to the skin.

If only she knew how much Solas would miss her, and her river of golden hair.

^_^

I'm not dead! And I updated this, so it makes more sense, and it isn't as sloppy as it was before. I'm only doing this to the ones it think need to be rewritten, so not all. I think I have improved as a writer, and I feel like I don't make as many mistakes as I did before. Tell me if you prefer the old version or this one better, and if you think I have improved:}.

So, updates may increase just because the marching band season is almost over, and I'm pretty excited. I think we can win state again this year. Go Engineers!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this a lot better than you did the other version; I know I do. Love ya!

~C