What I've done

Really sorry for the long wait. This chapter answers a few questions, but raises many more. I promise, I'll post sooner.  Happy reading.

The Ice Princess is available on Dreame.

https://www.dreame.com/novel/1970184.html

Go check it out!

Chapter 3- What I've done

"You were never supposed to find out this way. We were going to tell you soon, sweetheart. When you were mature enough to understand" Amelia Parker pleaded with her furious daughter.

Bree ignored her, pacing the living room floor, sobbing quietly. It was still sinking in. She couldn't get her mind around the fact that her parents knew Lee's parents. And the fact that they hid it from her for 18 years.

Or that she just might have a sibling.

"The Dawsons are no longer a part of our lives. This doesn't change anything, Bree" Mike Parker didn't have that familiar sunny smile on his face. Both her parents were dead serious.

"No, this changes EVERYTHING! Dad, the Dawsons were murdered! And now, you're telling me that you knew them? That there's more to the story? How can we go back to the way things were?" Bree screamed in frustration.

"They're gone. What does it matter, Bree?" Mrs. Parker demanded, stepping up in front of her daughter. Bree stared into her mother's eyes, wondering if the woman was really as callous as she sounded just then.

"They were brutally killed. The love of my life is their son! And his entire world was thrown into chaos because of that. And you're asking me why it concerns me?" Bree glared at them incredulously.

"That's just it! You don't know what happened. You weren't there" Mr. Parker cried, running a rough hand through his light brown hair.

"Tell me. Then, tell me what happened. Tell me why you hid this from me. And more importantly, what the hell are those DNA tests about?" Bree's emotions rushed out in huge waves.

Mr. Parker sighed and turned to his wife. Mrs. Parker nodded wearily. Bree swallowed, unable to fight off the chills that ripped through her. Judging from the looks on her parents' faces, she knew nothing good could ever come of this story. But of course, she simply had to know.

How could Lee's and her past be intertwined?

"I met Alvin Dawson in an inter-college fest and we became fast friends" Mike Parker began, with a sigh. "Amelia and Marie were also very close. The four of us were inseparable. Eventually, we decided to merge our two companies to form one mammoth industry. It was a very big project, destined for greatness.

"We invited many people to be a part of it. One among them was a man named Malcolm Lloyd" Bree's father looked up at her with a heavy heart.

"The very same Malcolm who tried to kill Lee a few months ago."

Bree exhaled sharply. She was enthralled by the tale. It all felt too freakishly surreal. What were the odds, Bree and Lee meeting and falling in love, while their families had a much deeper connection?

"Malcolm was an excellent negotiator and helped seal many business deals and soon, we promoted him to be on the board of directors. This gave him unique access to all the information he needed to drive a wedge between Alvin and me.

"Right from tiny business screw-ups to mysteriously empty bank accounts, Malcolm engineered an immaculate plan that ultimately ended in the breaking up of the Parker-Dawson company, a very messy public spectacle and the destruction of the reputation we'd built.