•travelling•

Liya Liza

Liya Liza

The coolness of the breeze lashed against the soft velvety cheeks of a middle-aged woman named Liya, as she travelled on her worn-out second-hand bike at a highly dangerous pace.

Dismissing the questions that were revolving within the back of her head , she continued riding without any care in the world.

She rode away, silently observing the vast blanket of mercy above her , that neither left her company even in the darkest of hours , nor hurt her in anyway, unlike all those people to have crossed paths with her life. She also looked at the bright crescent shaped moon, who seemed to travel along with her every night too.

She loved travelling a lot. Especially at night by just feeling the wind, observing the sky, pondering upon its beauty as well as its trustworthy companionship and life-long protection. Thinking and pondering upon it gave her a break. A break from all those haunting ugly memories, all the tears she once shed, all the fears she once held, all the worries she lived with and all those people she loved, who had murdered not just her daughter, but also the bubbly, happy, cheerful girl within her own soul.

Whilst she focused on the goodness of the sky and all its beautiful qualities, of course, the devil within her had to prompt some or the other mishaps it could cause too.

'But the sky can send thunder, lightning, extremely heavy rain and so on, which can actually kill you, you know...'

Feeling agitated by her lack of ability to just concentrate on the better side of any coin, she shouted at her self, but a bit too loudly, that quite a few heads turned towards her.

She replied,
'UGH. JUST SHUT UP, WILL YOU?!"

Since she was too engrossed in debating with her own self, she failed to notice a truck that was coming from the other side with high speed. The problem was the fact that she had mistakenly entered the track of the truck, leading to the  potential possibility  of a deadly accident.

But her heart didn't hammer against her chest, nor did her mind start worrying about the possibilities of her death. No, that just didn't happen. Sure, that would've been the sudden reaction of many. A year ago, maybe, she too would've reacted similarly, but not anymore. Death didn't scare her off anymore. Death, was quite contrarily, something she longed for.

But, even then, a part of her did panic. Come on, its inevitable. To panic in case of such nerve-wrecking situations is to just be human. Don't get the wrong idea though. Its definitely not the fear of death, but rather, the fear of surviving after an accident with scars that scared her.

She had enough emotional pain to endure already, and an addition of some physical pain would be too much to handle. That, therefore, is the only thing that forced her to change tracks immediately , thereby saving not just her life, but the life of those within the truck too.

She is, but a plant,
whose petals had parted long ago.
Its just the stem that remains, surviving nonchalantly,
striving to withstand the bitter-cold atmosphere,
constantly wishing to bid goodbye as soon as possible.