Chapter Four: Urgent Matter At Hands

I blinked my eyes open.

I was in my bedroom.

My real bedroom. 

I glanced at my clock on my bedside table. It read 7:36am, Tuesday, 13th August, 2515.

It didn’t make much sense to me. 

I cleared my head a bit and thought. 

Aaliyah’s birthday was the… ninth, right? So that must have meant that I got out then, and was out for… 

Three days. 

Then I must have slept all through the rest of Monday and all through the night to end up on today. 

Tuesday. 

August. 

Thirteenth. 

I breathed a sigh of relief. I always felt better after determining what day it was. 

I reached over and flicked on my current songs playlist on my touch pad that was docked to my alarm clock.

Time it took us

To where the water was

That's what the water gave me...

 I giggled softly. “Gotta love me some Florence…”

And time goes quicker

Between the two of us

Oh, my love, don't forsake me

Take what the water gave me...

I sat up and tried to make sense of what was in front of me. I wasn't a morning person.

Lay me down

Let the only sound

Be the overflow

Pockets full of stones...

I giggled again, coming to my senses.

"Stones," I grinned, throwing off the blankets and walking into my wardrobe. "Stones."

♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ten minutes later, I was in the kitchen, wearing my most daggiest pants and t-shirt, waiting in front of one of the food cabinets for my breakfast to be made. Food cabinets were boxes that sat on kitchen benches. You punched in some food that you wanted, and it would prepare it for you, provided you had the necessary ingredients in the pantry. Today I had asked for pancakes and honey; I knew we had some of them left, at least. 

"Ugh, dammit! Why won't you work?" Rosanna cried from in front of the food cabinet next to me. "I asked for bacon and eggs, and you only give me eggs? Rubbish!" She hit the cabinet again as I stifled a laugh.

"Oh, you think this is funny, do you?" she said, spinning round to face me. I nodded and she grinned.

“You ordered bacon and eggs, yes?” I asked. Rosanna nodded. I took my touchpad from the pocket of my track pants and tapped in my passcode with the stylus. “Okay, so I’ll check the food supplies… meat… bacon… oh, guess what? No bacon left. Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Oh, poo,” Rosanna sighed and removed her eggs from the cabinet as I shoved my touchpad back into my pocket. “I guess I’ll just have to have bacon and eggs without the eggs, then.”

“If we can stock up on bacon, you can have some,” I smiled, reaching over to open my food cabinet, which had just DINGed to say my food was ready. I took out my steaming pancakes dripping in honey and went to join Rosanna in the dining room.