Chapter Eight

Last Chapter

I parked my car a few miles away from the church. Ngayon ang araw ng kasal ni Lux. Tumingin ako sa orasan. Any minute now, dadaan na dito ang bridal car niya. Haharangin ko ang kotse nila at kukunin ko si Lux.

Wala akong pakialam kung nandoon si Patricio at kasama pa niya ang militarya. I was going to get Lux and my child and no one could stop me, even the devil himself. I looked on the side mirror when I heard a car coming.

It was a fancy white car with a bouquet of flowers in front of it.

Here comes my bride.

I smiled. I'd finally see Lux again. Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. I was happy that I was finally going to see her again but I was also anxious and nervous. Hindi ko alam kung anong magiging reaksyon niya at kung anong mararamdaman niya kapag nakita niya ako pagkatapos nang nangyari noon. Would she be glad to see me? Would she hate me?

I started my car. Nang malapit na ang kotse ay iniharang ko ang kotse ko sa gitna ng kalsada para hindi sila makadaan. When the car stopped, I got out of mine. Binuksan ko ang driver's side at inilabas ang baril ko.

"Sir, huwag." Itinaas ng driver ang kamay niya.

"Labas." I demanded.

Halos masubsob ito sa pagmamadaling lumabas. I slipped into the car and I backed the car on reverse before turning it around. Tumingin ako sa rearview mirror.

I saw Lux beautifully sitting at the back of the car. She looked beautiful. So regal and elegant. She would've looked even more beautiful if I were her groom.

"Hey." I gently said.

"P-pakawalan mo ako." She said.

"I missed you, Lux. I missed you so much."

"Please, let me go..." Pakiusap niya. She attempted to open the car door but I quickly pushed the lock button.

"Pakawalan mo ako!" Galit na asik niya.

"I'm sorry... Alam kong galit ka sa akin. I'm so sorry, Lux. You know I wasn't going to hurt you. I will not do anything to harm you. Your father, that bastard Patricio, he killed my parents. I hate him." Nagtagis ang mga bagang ko. Lumingon ako sa rearview mirror para tigan si Lux. She just sat there, hatred burning on her face. "But you... I can't hate you even though you're his daughter. You're not like your father. You have a pure heart. You see the good in me that I don't even see in my self. Mahal kita."

"What do you want from me?" Tears started to flow down her cheeks.

"Sumama ka sa akin. Magsimula tayo ng panibago. Doon natin buuin ang pamilya natin." I said and took in a deep breath. "I remember what you said about letting go. I'm willing to let go, Lux. Handa akong pakawalan ang galit ko kay Patricio para sa'yo... para sa magiging anak natin."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please,just let me go!"

"Don't you love me anymore?" I suddenly felt a lump forming in my throat.

"NO! I don't love you! Pakawalan mo na ako! Please, please... pakawalan mo ako." She began to sob.

"You're lying. That's not what you said after we made love!"

"Pakawalan mo na ako. Kapag nahuli ka ni daddy, kapag nalaman niya ito, he'll kill you." Humihikbing sabi niya.

"Wala akong pakialam. I'm willing to risk my life for you and our child."

"This is not your child!" She hissed.

"We both damn well know that that child is mine. Huwag mo akong gawin tanga. Ako lang ang lalaking kasama mo nang mga panahon na iyon!" Sabi ko.