Chapter 2

'RUBY! RUBY GET UP!'  I was woken up by the sound of Mary screaming in my ear,  'Come on! I do have an audition to get to you know!' 

Why me? Seriously, Claire could have ANY daughter in the world, but no, it had to be Mary Murphy.

I picked up my phone and checked the time, it read 4:45. I had 15 minutes before we were leaving. I went to my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of black leggings and a baggie hoodie. I got changed and put on my maroon vans. i quickly threw my phone and ipod into a bag whilst scraping my hair into a rough pony tail and putting on some mascara. I already knew this would be a long day.

We reached the hotel where the auditions were taking place at 7AM. There wasn't that many people auditioning for the part. That shocked me, i thought alot more people would be like Mary! We sat around in a waiting room until 10AM, Mary practicing her lines over and over. I don't see why we bothered coming, she's not going to get the part. At 10AM they started calling people in to a small room on the left, one by one. We were sitting there for about an hour when the director came out.

'Mary Murphy? Is Mary Murphy here please?' An American voice called

'Good luck!' My dad, Claire and I said in unison

Whilst Mary was in the casting room, i went for a walk to get a drink. I eventually found a vending machine near the lobby. When i got back to the room, Mary was sitting in her seat again. She was grinning from ear to ear.

' I take it, it went well so?'

'I think so Ruby! I think i actually done it this time!' 

After about an hour of waiting around, the director came out yet again.

'Is there any late comers or anyone else who would like to audition before we choose the part?'

I was scrolling threw twitter on my phone, when i looked up to see him staring at me.

'You,'  he said, 'You have the look to be out main role! Are you auditioning?'

'N-no'  i managed to say, 'I'm just with my sister' 

He then walked over and knelt in front of me. I could see Mary's jaw drop out of the corner of my eye.

'Please audition? It's not going to kill anyone! just give it a shot please?'

I could barely speak. Why would he want me to audition?

'I..ok'  I said and i got up from my seat and followed him into the room.

I was given a form to fill out, with my name, number, address etc. 

I was given a script to read from, and i don't know what took over me. The paragraph i was told to read was one where the character is talking about her love of soccer. i don't know what got into me but i started adding my own lines. All this time i was staring at the ground and when i look up the directer and his assistant are in awe. If their jaws were dropped anymore they'd be on the floor. 

'That was amazing, you have the part!'

Oh no.. what have i gotten myself into.. 

A/N

Ok guys let me know what you think of this chapter, its not great but i tried! 

Comments and votes appriciated! :)

thanks for reading!