Part 5: Fierce Diety / Oni Link

Hey guys! Yeah, sorry for the super long wait, but part five is here! I've had a somewhat busy week last week. I had marching band practice, then I became obsessed with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood this week (btw, best anime ever, in my opinion) sooo yeah. Now, I will start writing the theories now. (And update on September 25...yeahh...sorry. I've been busy with school and marching band and such.)

Part Five: Fierce Diety (aka Oni) Link

This was in a tie with Stone Tower Temple for about a week until I asked people to pick between the two. So that's also a reason why it took so long. But anyway, Fierce Diety Link has a few theories about him. We'll cover two of them (mainly because I only understand two of all the theories I found) and at the end, like last chapter, there will be a completely original theory from someone who posted it to me. So, let's get started! Or me, really...because I'm the one writing...yep.

Part A: Fierce Diety Link is Link's Terminian Counterpart

So, this theory basically states exactly what the text above me says. For those who don't know, most people in Hyrule can be seen in Termina, but they're not the same person. It's their counterpart. For example, one of the most obvious ones is Ruto and Lulu. Ruto is the Zora princess from Ocarina of Time and Lulu is the singer in a band called the Indigo-Go's. They look exactly the same, but they're not the same person. Another example that is really obvious is Malon and Cremia/Romani. They all work in a ranch and look exactly the same, but Malon is an only child who sings while Cremia and Romani are sisters (who look like older and younger Malon, respectively). Cremia delivers milk to Clock Town (I think) and Romani keeps aliens away from the ranch and from taking the cows (no, I'm not kidding. I don't know what she does besides that, though). So, understand now if you didn't know before? Good. If not, look it up or just play Majora's Mask.

Anyway, so this theory says that Fierce Diety Link could possibly be Link's counterpart, mainly because no other one is seen (unless you count the Goron named Link) and because he's the only person/thing(?) that looks anything similar to Link throughout the game (besides...BEN. Oh, yes, I said it. But he's just an empty copy of Link, so...*incoming "You shouldn't have done that" comments*), even though he's just a mask that Link wears.

So let's say that Fierce Diety Link was a real person at one time (which will be covered in part b) and had lived in Termina when he was alive and let's also say he looked like Link. Then this theory would make sense and wouldn't need any explanation. But if he was never a real person, just a powerful mask that can change people, then it wouldn't make much sense. But this statement from Zelda Wikia says, "Though Link's other alternate forms retain some aspects of his appearance, the transformation masks themselves do not. However, the Fierce Deity's Mask itself shares Link's hat and some of his facial features even when not in use." So this pretty much supports the theory that he was a real person.

Part B: Fierce Diety Link was once a real live person/God/diety or whatever (basically transitioning from part A because they're really similar subjects)

Ok, well, maybe not a person, exactly, but a powerful being/god of some sort. That's pretty much the theory, anyway. But, now that I finally remember what I was gonna say after forgetting for like...a month and a half (make that even longer)...So Majora is this living thing, right? The game never specifies what kind of living thing (I don't think, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.) besides being a mask, of course. Maybe Majora was the spirit of a high-powered being. This being said, the Fierce Diety could have been the same thing, but sort of like a major rival to Majora, which would explain why Majora (not sure whether I should use he or she with...it...so just gonna keep saying Majora) gives link the fierce diety mask so he/she/it can have a final battle to see who's superior. That would explain how fierce dietly link is so powerful and can easily beat majora.

Well, that's all I got for this one. sorry for the super super super late update though... ^-^"

Here is a theory from Nadeshiko Phantomhive of fanfiction.net

I made my own theory for Twilight Princess. I call it the "Brotherly Usuper" theory. My theory is that Midna and Zant are siblings. Midna is either (a) older or (b) lives under matriarchal monarchy system (where the queen's in charge first, not the king). Either way, Zant's pissed because he thinks as a male he should be in charge, not Midna. He acts a lot like a child sometimes (especially in the multi-round battle with him), supporting (a), but other times he seems far more intelligent than Midna, which could support (b). Lastly, at the end of the game, Zant is shown to move his neck, somehow causing the recently defeated Ganondorf's neck to snap. I think this symbolizes that Zant has realized what he's done wrong and has come to his sister's aid.

So, these are the three options to choose from!

-The theory that link is dead in majora's mask (if you have not seen that video on youtube, go watch it. it will blow your mind!)

-the old man that does street pass in a link between worlds is the same link from a link to the past/links awakening

-the shadow temple from OoT

remember to vote, leave a comment about the theory discussed here, and leave your own original theory! until next time, ¡adios!