eighteen

story told in Frank's POV

why did everyone hate me so much? i want to forget, i really do.

but nothing will work, no one can pull me out of this hole.

i'm drowning, i can't scream. i can't cry. they won't help, they never wanted to.

eighteen bracelets on my arm, covering what I'm ashamed of. no reason to hide it when everyone hates you, right?

but I'm not hiding it from the world. i'm hiding it from myself.

"Frank?" her voice swam through my ears like the sweetest thing i've ever heard.

i loved her. i hid it from her too.

"yeah?" i stood up from the floor, seeing her walk over to me.

she grabbed my arm, running her fingers along the many textures of my bracelets. "i love you, frank. you don't have to hide."

I shook my head. "you don't understand."

"let's see...if I can give you a good reason to take off one bracelet, will you?"

i couldn't say no to her bright blue eyes. I agreed.

she smiled, and sat me down on the floor again, cuddling into me after. i appreciated that.

"reason one: i think you're really talented. I wish i could play guitar like you."

the smile I wished would sink down, floated to the surface. i agreed to her little game. so I took a wide rubber bracelet off. it revealed some light pink scars that i hated oh so much.

"thank you. let's continue this tomorrow, shall we?" she kissed my cheek and patted my head, standing up then offering me a hand.

how would i be without you?