The Sting of Betrayal~Prologue

Hey guys, I really wasn't sure what genre this was, so I just put mystery and suspense. Hope you like it! Comment, fan and vote!! :D

-----> Diane 

                                                                  ************

Has your heart ever shattered to a thousand pieces? Have you ever known the heart-wrenching pain of betrayal? Have you ever been beaten down and burned until you can barely stand, until you feel you will pass out from the pain? I have. 

The world is a cold place. I learnt that lesson young. The world is a free for all, survival of the fittest. People have no qualms about fighting dirty.

And fight they did. The world is filled with hatred. With pain. It's filled with wars, for the most part going unnoticed. When in the newspaper do the headlines read "Another civil war in the household"? It happens so often, people don't even bat an eyelid. Friends become enemies. Familes become strangers. Lovers become but another face in the crowd.  

It is at that point that you realise. You can't trust anyone. Because at the end of the day, they'll always want something. That ulterior motive lurks in the darkness, waiting until you're at your most vulnerable. And then? ...it stabs you in the back.

You're lying on the floor, drowning in your foolishness, and they kick you just for good measure. To make sure you're really down. To make sure you're really dead inside. You look into the cold eyes of your killer, the person you once held so close.

As they shrug and walk away, abandoning you to the wolves, you feel it happen. Your heart hardens, becomes cold. Your feelings become but a switch that you need to turn off. That you have no choice but to turn off. You're reborn into something mean, something unfeeling. Something that lets no one in. And then you know. You know that you will never be foolish enough to trust again.

***

Hope you liked it. Just wondering, should I continue to write this, or just leave it, because I kind of felt like it was TOO short... Hmmm