Chapter 31

*Zayn's POV*

Yeah see you in school”

I felt my heart break as I let Lucy slip out of the car, and the tiny pieces of my heart fell and was torn apart as they hit the ground, when she closed the door behind her. I sat in the car for a few moments before I started the engine again and left the wealthy neighbourhood, where Lucy lived.

The thought of not knowing when I could have Lucy in my arms again caused me to bite my lip, just trying not to cry. I pulled myself together before driving up to Harry’s garage. He still lives with his parents, but the car is his own. As I came closer to the garage, I saw Harry in it, working on some engine stuff. As he saw me parking the car, he came out to talk.

“Hi Z, how did it go?” He asked and smiled at me, coming closer.

“Hi Haz… Well I met my mum on the graveyard, and then we both went back to her’s, where my dad was too. And then we just talked and now I’m all okay with them again!” I said without really looking at Harry. My thoughts were still with Lucy. 

“WHAT?! You talked with your PARENTS? WHA-“ Harry freaked out but I cutted him off.

“Yeah yeah, but the big deal is, that it was Lucy who made all this happen. If it wasn’t for her I had probably… I don’t know punched him? You know, my dad… I was so angry and she made me calm down and talk with dad. So now I understand why everything went as it did. Now I have forgiven him… All because of Lucy, and I don’t even know when I can be with her again…” My voice broke at the last part of my sentence. 

Harry took a step closer and pulled me in for a hug. My arms just hung down by my sides but my head fell down to rest on my best friend’s shoulder and a silent sob came over my lips. Harry took me into the garage where I sat down on a box and Harry on another one beside me.

“Hey… It’ll be all right. Soon you can be together again…” Harry tried to cheer me up, but we both knew it was extremely awkward. We still weren’t comfortable with these sensible situations.

“But hey thanks for the car Haz… It was great. Oh and I’ve been thinking… Do you maybe wanna move in with me in the flat?” I saw Harry’s smile grow wider and wider. “You know, you come over all the time soooo…” And then Harry attacked me in a hug 

“Oh my god Zayn! I would love to! Then we can me like real roomies and have the best time, being up all night, making music – IT’S GONNA BE GREAT!” Harry was happy as kid who just got a new toy and his positivity made me smile.

“You know… Just as a return for all the times that you’ve been helping me.” I shrugged and gave him a jokingly smile.

After we had agreed on what Harry should bring to the flat, I walked home to let my thoughts breathe and take a break. And maybe also to clean the flat up a little, since soon Harry would come over with all his stuff.

As I walked around picking up stuff from the floor, I got reminded of where Harry should sleep. He couldn’t lay on the sofa forever… And then the thought of my “room-full-of-mess” popped into my head. Even though it was a teeny tiny room, I’m pretty sure we could stuff a bed and a few stuff in there.

As I opened the door to the little room I realized the size of the challenge I had just given myself. The room was packed with all kinds of crap that I’d been collecting through the years.

 I scratched my neck as I looked at the mess.

“Well I better get started…” I said to myself before putting on some Nirvana and throwing my shirt on the sofa.