Chapter Two: The First Day

Megan's PoV

"Mom! Dad!" I call out after I just watched the news. "Brittany Jackson! Jarrett!"

Brittany, Jackson, and Jarrett come running down the stairs.

"What's wrong?!" Brittany asks worried.

"Have you guys seen the news?!" I ask.

"Who the fuck watches the news now a days?" Jackson asks.

I ignore his stupid question then say, "There's dead people walking around the streets eating people. It's spreading everywhere."

"My friend in Florida told me about that. It's true?! I thought he was just making shit up!" Jarrett says.

"Everyone go get packed! We need to get outta here!" Brittany yells going up the stairs.

We all follow her up the stairs and go into our rooms.

I quickly pack a bag full of clothes and a few personal things. When I finish I go over to my parents room and knock. I don't get a reply, just some odd breathing and groans. I slowly open the door and get attacked by my 'parents'. I scream and kick at them as they try to bite me.

Brittany runs up the stairs and stabs them each in the head with kitchen knives when she notices what's going on.

I start crying and shaking uncontrollably.

"Jarrett grab Megan and I'll get her bag. We need to leave! Now!" Brittany yells then goes in my room and comes out a few seconds later with my bag and two others, which I'm guessing are hers and one of food.

Jackson follows her down the stairs with what I'm guessing are his and Jarrett's bags. While Jarrett comes over and picks me up bridal style.

I hug his neck and continue to cry and shake.

We have to leave the house I've lived in my entire life and my parents just tried to eat me!

I have my head buried in Jarrett's shoulder so I can't see anything but by the sound of it the street is in complete chaos.

"Megan, I need you to run now," Jarrett says then puts me down.

I nod then grab my bag while he grabs his. I then grab his hand. He grabs Jackson's who also has Brittany's. We run in a line together as fast as we can. I'm so glad was in track and can run really fast.

We're running when suddenly I can't feel Jarrett's hand anymore. I frantically look around not finding them. I start running in the direction we were going. I can hear Brittany yelling at I'm guessing Jarrett. I catch up to them then I trip. I may be able to run really fast but I sure am fucking clumsy.

As Brittany helps me up, we get surrounded by those things. One of them grabs my arm and I start screaming and frantically moving around.

"Megan! Megan! Calm down!" I hear someone yell while they're trying to calm me down.

I shoot up. I look to my right and see Carol with a worried look on her face. "Are you okay?" she asks complete worry in her voice as well.

"Yeah, just a nightmare," I say. No not a nightmare, a memory.

I've been here for three days now and my ankle is finally better, I can walk on it but Hershel said to wait a few more days before I try to run in it.

"How about we go start breakfast?" Carol asks. She, and everyone else, has learned that I love three things more than anything else: cooking, running, and my family.