Introduction

I question the mentality of humanity at times. There seems to be no justification to their cruel actions, and yet, they seem to not care. I come from quite an unusual family where we seem to debate on just about anything. Though I would call us the "norm" in this deprived world of ours. 

Though it may not be apparent, I am indeed an immortal, as is the rest of my family. We are subjected to a lifestyle in which we do not trust, but follow. We are one of many, and thus, rules are a must. There is a coven in which laws are made, though that is fortunately not our task. My family's task is to "keep the secrecy" or in other words, do everything in their power to preserve our hidden nature.

Each immortal has a mate, one who is destined to be their partner, yet I have yet to find mine. Oh how I wish I could set my eyes upon him and sigh in relief, however, that seems to be a mere dream. I am the only one without a mate, thus resulting in my outcast-like nature. I seldom join in on activities or mingle with others. I like to stay within my own mind, rather than open up and be subjected to harsh treatment. 

Some see me as hard to approach due to my so-called "beauty" and attitude,  though I have yet to see such "beauty" as they have mentioned. My auburn hair slightly covers my hazel eyes, while faded freckles encompass my oval shaped face and rather small, but slightly pointed nose. I am both lean and tall, with fare skin; that I do not object to. My personality is that of a secluded individual who fails in the social scene, yet makes up for it in studies and work.

This is my story, so I hope you enjoy.