Chapter Fifteen

Her words echoed in my dreams and my mind. It always did, and it hurts more every time. I sighed, and tried to block out the pain, and I eventually even tried to delete her number, but I decided not to. What happened last night was real. I didn't dream it, I know I didn't, as I had the pinch marks on my arms to prove it, but I can't forget about what she said.

To make matters worse, Penny found out that I had sneaked out, and gave me a severe telling off. Since the incident at the funeral, our relationship is kind of strained. We don't talk much, and we don't go out as much. I walked into the kitchen, where Penny was eating lentil soup. She looked up at me, with a blank expression, and went back to my soup.

"I'm so sorry for the trouble I've caused.", I said. "I wanted to see her so bad. She's my best friend. Well was."

"I know, pet.", she said. "But-"

"But what? Please forgive me? I want to be alright again. I didn't stay out on purpose, I lost track of time, and my phone died."

She sighed. "I suppose that you're not grounded anymore. But, these things can't happen again. Okay?"

I nodded. "Right. I'm going into town for a few hours. Want anything?"

"No. I'll get back to Family Feud."

"Okay. See you."

I walked into town, and tried to get Brittany out of my mind. I didn't want her to think that she's right. Something did happen that night, and there was a real spark pulling us closer. There were fireworks in the sky. Chemistry was exploding between us. The small bruise on the side of my head and the pinch marks on my arm proved that nothing was a dream. Everything did happen, and something happened that night. We almost kissed, leading on to more than that. I imaged her warmth, her touch and her warn lips colliding and pressing onto mine. Oh, why!

I then bumped into a boy, who has messy hair and was wearing a stripy top and jeans. "Sorry.", I said, and turned round. He did too, and our eyes met.

"Amber?", he said. "Drayton Manor girl?"

"Darren?", I said, surprised and shocked to see him. "How are you?"

"Good.", he said. "How's your Mum, after throwing up on the ride?"

I shrugged. "She's in prison."

"Is she the woman on the front page of the newspaper?"

I sighed and nodded. "Yes.", I said.

"Oh. Shame. Gotta go, meeting a friend at a skate park."

I bit my lip. "See you soon. Here." I gave him my number, and walked off. I then walked into a barn, and the horses pierced their eyes at me. The horsed reminded me of Brittany, everything about her, who she was, and a man was standing near one white horse, staring at me.

"Can I help?"

"I suppose." I walked up to him, and stroke the horse. "This horse is cute! So sweet."

"Yeah." He also started to stroke the horse, and we started to talk. Then, as we stroked the horse, our hands touched. He then looked at me, and started to smile. Then, as I smiled back, a girl came in, and spotted us. She ran up to us, and smiled warmly.

"I see that you met each other.", she said. It was Brittany. She gave us a warm smile, and we snatched our hands back.

"Trent, this is my good friend, Amber."

"Sweet.", he said, and high fived me.

"And Amber, this is Trent."

"Hi.", I said, and gave him a wink.

"Sorry I missed your birthday party.", he said. "Business."

"It's fine."

"How did you know each other.", I asked.

"Actually, for quite of a long time. He's my fiancé. We're getting married in a few months."

I saw my whole world crumbling down.