8. Stay or Go?

Logan's POV

I don't know what to do right now. I don't know if I should stay with my family or if I should leave and try to find District Thirteen and the rebels? Dad can't handle the bar by himself if Cato doesn't come back from the Games alive. I have to be honest with myself right now. Cato is most likely going to be the one that's coming home from the Games, but will he really be coming home from them? He's head over heels in love with Clove Greenleaf. He won't be able to get through everything with her gone. He won't stop beating himself up if she dies in there. Fuck, he's off with her right now! She has him wrapped around his finger and neither of them realizes it yet. They're just letting it happen.

Andrea won't be too happy if I go with the group that's leaving tonight. She'll want to come with me, if I think about it long enough. She might not want to and want to protect her family here the entire time. But if she stays, she's at risk for the Peacekeepers questioning her about where I am. She'll crack under the pressure and there's a chance that we won't be far enough away to stall the Peacekeepers or to have protection from them. I don't know what she'll do if she ends up being the reason that I get caught and possibly killed. If I don't get killed then I'd most likely be getting tortured until they decide to kill me.

But then again I won't be too happy with myself if I don't take the chance now and leave with them. I doubt that there's going to be another group that's from Two anytime soon. They all have it too good here at the moment. It'll never end up with Two having the most troops for the rebellion. If it changes, then chances are it'll just be people that drop from training to be a Peacekeeper or don't get picked for the Games. Even then, Thirteen won't trust them as much. We're one of the lapdogs of the Capitol, the other one being District One. We give the Capitol the lifestyle that they want and they take care of us with extra goods and resources.

"Logan?" Andrea knocked on my bedroom door and pushed it open slowly. She was worried about me. I could tell because she as here instead of training.

"Yeah, Drea?" I propped myself up slowly on my elbow and look over at her. She rolled her eyes and came into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"You know that I can't stand when you call me that. It's not cute at all." She kicked off her shoes and crawled into the bed next to me. She laid on her stomach next to me and propped herself up on her elbows.

"I like it though. I think that it's just adorable," I laid back down and looked at her quietly. Her blue eyes looked like doe eyes as she just watched me.

It was a while before either of us spoke again and for what seemed like hours we just laid there next to each other. She was worried for me and didn't know what else she could really do but just lay here next to me. It seemed like she just had the plan of waiting for me to talk about joining the rebels. It wasn't safe here to actually talk about that here though. Not unless we go down to the bar and sit close to a speaker. She just continued to stare at me and began to crack her knuckles like she did when she was anxious about something. I sighed and sat up in the bed, giving her a look. She got out of bed with me and stole a pair of my slippers. I grabbed a hoodie and slippers before heading down the stairs to the bar. Andrea wasn't going to leave before I told her everything that she wanted to know. I sat down by one of the speakers and she sat across from me, crossing her arms slightly. She really wasn't going to give up anytime soon about this. And I can't expect her to either, she's my everything and I'm sure that I mean a lot to her. A lot more that I'll ever know if I leave tonight.

"Drea... I..." I sighed and shook my head a little bit, looking at her. "Can you not give me that look? It's making it even harder for me to tell you what I have to tell you right now."

She gave a huff before leaning back in the seat and looking away from me for a few moments. Her eyes came back to mine and she gave me a stern look for a few moments. I couldn't figure out a single thing that she was thinking about and it was beginning to worry me. The music was loud as it began to stream out of the speaker from a song that one of the patrons put on. I don't even want to know what it was as I stared at her. Her wide doe eyes looked so innocent and even a little expectant of me to tell her everything. I swear that there even was a little bit of fear behind them. It was faint, but it was there the entire time.