Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Derek? Ugh, what did he do now?” I groaned leaning against the doorway.

“What,” Scott said confused, “Aren’t you concerned?”

“Not really?”

“Why?”

“Long story, the short version is he insulted me and my family and I don’t to see or hear from him again.”

“Whatever put it aside for a moment, he’s been shot!”

“Take the bullet out and he’ll heal.”

“Its not that kind of bullet, its one of those fancy wolfsbane bullets that Kate shot him before. Come on,” Scott said.

“Oh all right, just let me get the stuff,” I muttered and jogged into my room and reached under my bed for a heavy book and a wooden box.

I jogged down and out of the house, Scott was waiting in my jeep, I climbed in and shoved the items in his lap and I started the jeep and sped towards Hale mansion.

“I thought the Argent family made an alliance with Derek, what happened?” I asked.

“I don’t think it was a hunter, whoever fired the bullet was an armature,” Scott said about to open the box.

“Don’t open it unless you want to get sick.” I said.

“What is in it?”

I looked at him, “Wolfsbane.”

‘WHAT!!!” Scott said shocked.

“I know what you are think and no I didn’t shoot him, I don’t even know how to fire a gun much less hit a moving target,” I defended.

“How did you get this book and wolfsbane?”

“Scott, do you honestly think that I sat around on my ass and did nothing for ten years. Honestly.”

“Whatever,” Scott scoffed.

I slowed to a stop in front of the Hale house, I grabbed the stuff off Scott’s lap and we both walked in.  I could hear groans of pain coming from the living room.  I saw Derek On the couch sweating hard his hand clutching side.

I knelt down and push his hand out of the way and inspected the angry gunshot wound.

“Wait, this is wolfsbane, but it’s nothing I have seen.”

“So what do we do, let him die?” Scott said in a panic mode.

“Well...”

“STILES!”

“I’m kidding, 90% kidding, get me a glass.” I ordered.

Scott scurried off, the came back with in a minute with a glass.

“Pin his hands down,” he did so.

“When in doubt, suck it out,” I muttered.

“Whoa whoa wait…”

“You can’t do it because it is wolfsbane and two if I don’t swallow I’m fine.”

“I don’t know,”

I lunged  and sucked out the poison, Derek screamed and thrashed around but Scott  had him pin down.  I spit the tainted blood in the glass and resume the blood extraction.  Derek moaned and calm down and I could feel the skin rippling closing the wound. The glass was almost to the brim with his blood.  The skin closed leaving behind a angry pink mark.

“I got what I could out, he healed so I got a lot out.”

I walked into the kitchen and used the faucet and rinsed my mouth out.

“Take the glass out and burn the content,” I said

Scott nodded and left, I washed out my mouth then rinsed out again before returning to Derek.

Derek was still, but I could see the steady rise and fall of his chest. I walked closer and place my hand on his forehead, it was still hot.  I bend down and kissed his forehead.

“You are still an ass, but why do I feel this way about you?” I whispered.

I grabbed the heavy book and the box of wolfsbane. I walked out of the house and I saw Scott coming up.

“He is all yours, I’m going home,” I said.

“Wha… what?” Scott asked.

“I am still mad at him and he is a big fat liar, I’m going home, he should be back on his feet in a day or two… after all he is an Alpha.”

Scott growled pouting.

“Good night Scott,” I said and walked to my jeep.

I left and was driving down the road, the road rested on a slope running alongside the river.  I was driving so eager to get home.  I heard the howl and the next thing I knew something ran into my jeep knocking it off the road and down the slope. I was slamming on my brakes, but the slope was slippery.  The jeep impacted the water and I pushed forward knocking my head on the steering wheel losing consciousness.