Chapter 5

I looked around as Linnea took me to the keeper quarters. Once we got there, Linnea set me down inside and poured some of my food into my bowl.

       “There you go, Fleetwood,” Linnea smiled. “You’re okay now.” I sighed and padded over to my food bowl.

       I took a few bites and realized how tasteless this is compared to the meat I had yesterday. I took a few steps back from it and lay down in my bed. The bed seemed cold without others. I sighed tried to fall asleep, but my stomach wouldn’t let me. I got up from my bed and padded over to the food. I took a few more reluctant mouthfuls and climbed back into my bed and finally fell asleep.

       The next time I woke up, I looked out the window and it was dawn?! Had I seriously slept the whole day and night? Wow. I padded over to my food bowl.

       It had been filled already, but the food smelled a little different. A little like meat? I took a couple of bites. The food had a hint of meat, but it was mostly tasteless. I went over to my water bowl and took a few gulps of that.

       I scratched at the door for a while, before realizing that the humans weren’t inside. I growled in annoyance and waited by the door.

       My ears flicked a little when I heard footsteps approaching. Purring, I backed away from the door so, he or she could open it. To my surprise, it was Dave!

       “Hey little guy, just wanted to let ya know that I didn’t mean to lock you in there,” he said. I purred. “You can go back out now,” he added.

       I stepped out the door and squeezed through the bars. I looked up at the sky again. The sky was lighting up, and the zoo was going to open soon. I walked as fast as I could over to the farthest corner of the zoo.

       I padded through the birds section, scaring them along the way. I padded past the food court, smelling some kind of bird, chicken I think, and I decided to stop there later.

       I settled down close to the rodents. I watched them run around and wondered how tasty they would be. The rodents must have finally noticed me because they all scurried into their little holes in fright. That’s what I thought until I turned around.

       Another little kid?! Where do they keep coming from? I dashed past it and down a familiar path I took yesterday. Realizing where I was, I slowed down and sighed in relief that it was caught by its parents. I looked around and I saw the jaguar pen. It looked pretty different from the outside. Glancing around, there weren’t many people around. I padded over to it.

       “Hey, Ruby!” I hissed to her. Ruby’s head shot up and looked around until she saw me.

       “Fleetwood!” she gasped. “I knew you’d come back! I told them you would, and they didn’t believe me!” I purred happily until I noticed Thor coming over.

       “Ruby, I would like to speak to Fleetwood, here,” he growled.

       Ruby rolled her eyes. “I’ll be back later,” she said and padded in the direction of Maya.

       Thor looked down at me on the other side of the cage. “So, you are a cat,” he asked.

       “Y-yes,” I said. “And, umm… I’m sorry for lying to you about being a jaguar cub.”

       “I don’t think I should forgive you yet,” he said. “Who knows? Perhaps you’ve got another lie in your mouth,”

       “No, I don’t I’m done with the lies,” I said.

       “Give me a reason on why I should forgive you.”

       “Umm… I won’t lie again?”

       Thor stayed silent. I thought for a while until I remembered what Ruby and Thor had said that one night.

       “I’ll help you, Maya, and Ruby escape,” I said.

       Thor looked up at me in surprise. “I will believe you for this,” he said with his eyes gleaming with hope. “But are you sure you want to do this?”

       I nodded. “Yes,” I said. “I will get you out tomorrow night.”

~Well, that's it. Haha, I lied when I said I finished it xP I'll just make another story *scurries off*