Chapter I

Black flags were being raised in the castle. There was no doubt now. The body had been identified. Princess Anna of Arendelle was dead. Slowly but steadily the flags started to rise throughout the whole kingdom.

The queen covered her mouth with her small hand. She took a few steps backwards, away from the plain wooden coffin, and turned her eyes from the cold body.

The corpse still held the beauty of its owner as if it was an ice sculpture instead of the lifeless form of the queen's right hand. If there was anyone who knew the icy craft better than the queen herself, it was Jack Frost.

Everything came to silence. With the looming shadows making their way towards every spot in the country, the snowflakes begun to fall slowly and perpetually.

By nightfall, everything was covered in its eternal whiteness.

The people of Arendelle did not complain, although they knew: the queen's grief would never pass.

Elsa sat down on a velvety chair and looked into the distance. From the window, she saw the eerie darkness setting in, the snow falling.

She willed it to stop, for the sake of her people, but it didn't.

Her aching heart was freezing. Her eyes turned stony. She didn't move an inch from her seat and waited. The boy would get his punishment. Although, not from her.

The council of the guardians had been called forward. Before them stood a white-haired boy, face void of joy and laughter that always accompanied him. The fifth guardian, Jack Frost had just been deemed guilty.

"You will be stripped of your powers," he was told.

"And until you have redeemed your actions, you are not to return." and like only a number of others before him

, he was sentenced to walk the Earth until the day he would be forgiven.

But Jack knew he would never be.

TO BE CONTINUED