If Edward Was Human

**DISCLAIMER: I own nothing :P** --- hehehhe ... sorry for the dull disclaimer... how about a skit?

Julia: WORLD!

World: Yes, Julia?!

Julia: I have something to tell you!

World: What is it, Julia?!

Julia: I ... uh..

Alice: Say it, Julia.

Julia: Ugh. Fine! I don't own Twilight. Twilight and everything that goes with it belongs to the wonderful Stephenie Meyer.

World: GASP!

Julia: I know.

Alice: Good girl.

Julia: Er... muttter. mutter. hiss...

Chapter 1: Bella and Jacob.

Bella's Perspective

I don't know if I love him or not. I care about him, I do. It's just that everytime he kisses me, I don't feel anything. I don't feel the emotion other people feel when they kiss the one they love.

Jacob came up behind me and said "Hey Bella, are you OK?", breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked up at him and it took me a minute before I could answer. "Yeah, I'm fine", I said as a reflex reaction. My voice was quiet, and I don't know why I felt weird talking to him.

He looked suspicious, but he just went along with it. He sat down beside me and put his arm around me. I stiffened. He took his arm off me and said "Bella, you are not OK. What's wrong?"

I looked at him and sighed. "I don't know, I guess I'm just tired. Why do you assume there's something wrong with me, anyways?"

He raised his eyebrows and said "Bella, I know when there is something wrong with you. We have been goin' out for a year now, and never once have you leaned away from me like that".

I looked at him, a little annoyed that he thinks he knows everything about me. I narrowed my eyes and said "Well maybe I don't feel like kissing you right now. Maybe I just want to relax for once".

"Fine," he said, a little angry. "Fine," I said right back at him. I'm starting to get pissed at him. Actually, now that I think about it, he always wanted to kiss me or make-out. He never just wanted to talk. Is he just using me to fulfill his needs? I mean, I have needs too, but seriously, I have never ached to kiss him.

I just answered all my questions. No, I am not in love with him. I don't want to keep wasting my time.

"Jacob, I think I am going to go home".

"Why?"

"... Uhm..," just get it over with! I thought to myself.

" I think we should see other people," I said.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes, I am, I'm really sorry, Jacob. I care about you, I do. It's just that, I am not in love with you".

"So? Why do you need to be in love?"

"Because, Jacob. If you are not in love, what are you going to do with your life? Just go on lying to yourself spending all your time with your boyfriend that you don't love?"

Jacob didn't look like he had an answer to that. Don't waste your time, I kept saying to myself. Well, I wasn't going to from this point on.

"Goodbye, Jacob," I said as I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek and ran out.