Part 10:An Encounter

School Festival is coming and everyone is busy preparing the activities.Our class decided to do drama since everyone wants to have an interesting activity.Jin and Natsumi become the classs representative since the teacher cant seperate them.Kurumi,Shiro,Mai,Hirota,Mitsude and I become the community members.We have to buy lots of things for the drama.Kurumi,Shiro,Mitsude and I went to the Mall.Shiro and I were in charge of buying things while Kurumi and Mitsude went to find the fabrics.The Theme of the drama was "Sleeping Beauty".

At the Mall.....

"Shiro kun,why are we buying stuff now??"I asked him.He was picking a heart shaped necklace with silvery glitters."Hmm??What do you mean,Rin chan??"He look at me."I mean we didn't even pick any one to act for the part right??So why are we buying things now??"He smile."Well I think Jin and Natsumi have their own ideas.We just have to follow them first."He took the necklace and put it on me."This is beautiful on you,Rin chan."A salesgirl came."Nice choice sir.It really suits your girlfriend."We look at each other and blush.Then Shiro laughs."We are not a couple,right Rin chan??"He smile bitterly."So dayo.....We are not a couple.Just friends..."As I said that,I felt a weird feeling.I was somehow sad with those words.Shiro looks kinda disappointed too. What's this feeling.......And why is Shiro chan looking so disappointed??Ma....It must be my imagination.. “I will buy it for you,Rin”Shiro said.He tried to cover his disappointment. “Eh??You….Don’t have to do that desu,Shiro chan…I will buy it myself”I replied.I smile.“It’s a gift from me…You know as a friend…”He look at me and smile.The salesgirl feel awkward.“Ano…..Why don’t you let him buy it for you,ojousan??There is another piece that matches it.You can buy it for him…”She show us a necklace which looks cooler and more manly.“Wa….This is so cool.I am buying it for you Shiro chan.”I smile.“Haha….Now we are a pair....”He said.I laugh.“So..So…Besto Friend da ne…”The salesgirl took both the necklace and went to the counter.Just then,my phone rang.“Moshi moshi??Ah,Kurumi chan.Haik.Ok.We are going there now.”I close my phone and look at Shiro.“Ne,Shiro chan.Kurumi chan said that they have finish buying things and wanna meet us at a café in front of the mall.Shall we go now??”“Oh…Sure.Let’s go.Demo sa Rin chan.We haven’t finish buying our things yet..”He look at me and laugh."Ahh!!!!What should we do now??"I begin to panic."Why don't you just call Kurumi chan and tell her we will be late?"Shiro suggested."So desu ne...."I dial Kurumi's number and called her."Ano....Kurumi chan.....Eh.....We haven't finish buying yet.........Haik.Haik.Datte sa we were searching for it but its not here.Ok.Ok.Give us 15 minutes."I hung up.Shiro laughs.We quickly buy all the stuff we need.However, there are some stuff we couldn’t find so we decided to buy it next time.“Sa… Let’s go.”We paid for the things and run out.Each of us carrying a few bags of stuff.We reach the entrance of the mall and stop to wait for our turn to walk.We could see Mitsude and Kurumi waiting at the other side of the road. Suddenly,a little girl dash out and run across.Just when she was about to get hit,I let go everything and run towards her.Unable to avoid,I hug her tightly.Then,someone save us.He pull us to the other side of the road.“Rin chan!!/Rin!!/Ayasaka san!!”I could hear them shouting my name.When I look up,I saw a familiar face.“That’s dangerous~Rin chan~ Ja ne~”Then he quickly run away.Without thinking, I shouted“Kei!!Wait….”I drop on my knees and was dumbfound.Then the little girl pull my sleeve and said “Sankyu,oneechan…”She look at me and smile.I look at her and smile.“Next time don’t dash out,ne?Abunai desu yo.”I pat her head.She nod her head and run towards a lady.The lady was crying and hugged the girl.She look at me and bow with gratitude.I smiled in return.Kurumi and Mitsude rush towards my side.“Rin chan!!That was dangerous!!Are you alright??” Kurumi asked. “Datte I can’t just watch her get hit by a car….Like….Fu chan…”Then Shiro came. “Ayasaka Rin!Don’t do things without thinking will you??Don’t make people around you worry!” He was furious.Suddenly I feel annoyed. “Demo,that girl was going to be hit by a car.I can’t just watch her get hit!!” I stood up with Mitsude’s help. “Can you stand,Ayasaka san??”He asked. “Yes.Thank you,Mitsude kun.” I look at Shiro. “I am sorry to make you worry Takemoto kun demo I can take care of myself.”I said harshly.He was shock then he look at me. “Suit yourself,Ayasaka san.I am leaving. “I am sure that Jin will not allowed you to do that.I don’t want to lose you anymore Rin”He walk off after saying those words.He don’t wanna lose me anymore?What does that mean?And why is he acting so protective all of a sudden. “Shiro kun….Rin chan,you should apologized.He was worried that’s all.”Kurumi chan said.She takes the rest of the bags while Mitsude san is still holding me. “I am fine now,Mitsude san.Thank you.”Mitsude quickly let go his hand and I fall on my knees again. “Gomen… Eh!! Ayasaka san!You alright??”He pull me up again.I nod and this time I let him hold me. Kurumi called Jin and Natsumi.Mitsude let me sit on a chair and ordered a hot chocolate for me.I thank him and drank it.My head was spinning.What’s with Shiro’s attitude and who is that guy??He is like Kei chan.That girl….I hope she won’t rush out like that anymore. Its dangerous…..As I look around,I feel dizzy.All I could remember is that Jin ni came and the rest was pitch black.

Rin's room

‘Rin chan should rest more.She is shocked that’s all.Make sure she have enough rest,ok?’/ ‘Yes Akito sensei.Thank you.Maria nee will show you the way’ I tried to open my eyes but I couldn’t.I drift into a deep sleep.When I wake up,I look out and saw that it was dark.Jin was sleeping.I smile and got up of my bed.He woke up as soon as I did that. “Rin!!You alright??You scared me to death!What were you thinking??”He checked my temperature and sounded Maria.Maria came in with a tray fill with food. “Rin ojousama.You are awake.I am so glad.”She said with a relief. “Here…Have something to eat,Rin chan.”She sat beside me and look at me. “Maria nee…..Sankyu.”I started to eat little by little.Jin and Maria just sat there and watch me eat.After eating,Maria took the tray away. “Maria nee,can I have some coffee please?”Jin requested. Maria nod. “Haik,Jin sa-”Jin cuts off her word. “Jin desu yo.I told you,right??You have been with us for so long.So just call us Jin and Rin.”He smile. I smile and nod my head.Maria looked at us and smile. “As you wish,Jin.Rin.”She bow and walk away. Jin turn and look at me. “Now have a rest,Rin.We shall talk about it later.” He said sternly. “Jin-ni… Gomenasai.. I just don’t want that girl becomes Fu chan desu…..Dakara...... Gomen....” I look down and play with my hands. He pat my head and smile. “Daijoubu yo.Just rest for now.I know you have a reason to do it but ext time,look around you first, ok?You scared me half to death.Shiro was so pissed he injured his hand while he was telling me.” He said. I was shock. “Nande??How is he now??Why did he injure his hand?” I try to get up. “Rin….He blames himself for getting angry at you and couldn’t save you.He visited you just now.” I felt guilty.I should not have said those words.I felt a stab in my heart.Unconciously,I put my hand on my chest. “What’s wrong,Rin??Are you alright??Should I call Akito sensei??” He was worried. “I smile weakly. “Daijoubu desu.. Just need some rest.”I lay back while Jin covers me with my blanket. “Rest now.I will be here if you need me ok??” He pull a chair and sat beside me.I nod my head and close my eyes.