the train journey

Amelia slowly flicked through her newspaper, apprehensive of the fact that she was the only person sitting on the train. As the train quickly dashed through many stations, it was not long until the train came to a sudden halt, in the middle of a tunnel. 

"Fabulous" Amelia thought to herself sarcasticly.

She looked outside - it was a starless black, literally nothing could be seen; except for the reflection of the mild glowing lights from the train against the brick wall. 

It was extremely quiet, in fact too quiet. It was silent. Only the sound of Amelia's increasingly heavy breathing could be heard. Then there was a meow.

"Oh God," Amelia whispered timidly to herself. She held onto her jumper, fiddling around with the lose threads that had come apart.

"Don't tell me I'm on my own on a train that has stopped in the middle of nowhere, with a cat? I'm losing it aren't I?" she thought to herself.

She cautiously turned around. Nothing was there but a door to the train carriage next to her and tattered old seats.

"It was obviously just imagination then, wasn't it?"

But the journey wasn't going to get any better. Suddenly the lights started flickering, just a bit. Amelia was pouring emotion through her face, her eyes were wide and alarming, her lips were trembling. She was scared. She was paralyzed. She kept her body frozen, she didn't move an inch. Then the light started to flicker more frequently, and eventually there was a long pause of darkness.