1. CHAPTER ONE

*DISCLAIMER: ANY FLASH (2014) CHARACTERS, EVENTS, PLACES OR RELATED ARCS ARE OWNED BY DC AND THE CW NETWORK. ANYTHING UNRELATED, SUCH AS ORIGINAL STORIES OR CHARACTERS WERE CREATED BY MYSELF. ANYTHING PERTAINING TO ANY PERSONS LIVING OR DECEASED IS STRICTLY COINCIDENTAL, AND ANYTHING OFFENSIVE WAS NOT MEANT TO BE SO. 

THIS FIC IS STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND AS SUCH SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO END AT THE FINALE OF S1, AS SUCH IT WILL BE SHORT.*

I awoke to my usual house. But nothing was usual about why I woke where I did, in the kitchen. The wooden floors were covered in shattered glass, I was lucky that I hand't gotten any shards embedded in my skin when I fell.

I done a quick mental check to see if everything as still in place. To make sure nothing was sore, or for the tell tale sign that I was bleeding, or had been bleeding.

But there was nothing, and even though I knew I could injure myself further by moving, I still done so. No one would think to check my house for days, and by then any injury.. Well I didn't want to think about it.

It was morning now, meaning I had been unconscious all night. I cautiously made my way through the glass, and found shoes so I could move about with less worry. I done another basic check over myself to make sure I didn't have any injuries to worry about, and there were none that I could find. I was glad that was the case, I would need to go into work today. And it would be BUSY.

Especially if the Particle accelerator affected the city as much as it did my home.

***

The landline began to ring, with the cell tower barely functioning it was the only way to reach the doctor. She had managed to clean her home, somewhat. But there seemed to still be glass in places she could only wonder about.

She reached it just before it went to voicemail, 'Hello, Dr. Valerie Winters speaking.'

'HELLO, I'm so sorry. But its gone. The building is just not a building anymore.'

She furrowed her brows, the woman, Jess, was more mumbling than talking coherently. 'Jess, slow down. What's this about a building?'

'STAR labs blew up, but the shock-wave damaged our building and... And it's not safe in there.'

'Not safe?' Valerie breathed.

'They had to close it, and I don't think we'll be able to open again, what are we gonna do?' Jess started to sob, she'd just gotten the job at the center a few months ago after moving out. He could barely afford her place with the job, and that was only because she had a flat mate. But now? Now what was she going to do?

'It's going to be fine Jess, we'll work it out.'

'It's not okay! We have no job, how are we gonna eat?!'

Valerie wasn't to worried with that. She had managed to save a small amount, and that was thanks to having the house she was in. 'Jess, you're an amazing admin girl. Anyone would think your an asset, so you'll be fine. And I'm a doctor, so I'll find work somewhere.'

That was a sure thing in her line of work. There would always be sick people. There would always be injured people. It just irked her that there was never enough time to see to everyone that came in. Waiting times could be ridiculous in some departments.

But that was the way the world worked, and she was starting to realize she would never have enough time on her hands, she would just have to do her best. Like always. But sometimes, she wished it didn't have to be the same.