Winter Blues

Hey guys this is my new story (couldn't help myself) lol, I hope you enjoy it.... :)

HAPPY READING!!

***********************************************************************************************

You knew I had the winter blues the first time you met me. Or at least that was what you called it, most people would name it depression.

I was very good at pretending I was happy, but for some reason you saw straight through it. It became one of my most favourite things about you; the way you noticed things about me that no-one else ever had.

Right from the start.

 ***********************************************************************************************

A case of the winter blues by Liah.

Chapter One (Unedited)

I had been sitting in the waiting room for almost an hour when my physiotherapist decided to grace me with his presence.

“Hello there Snow,” he smiled his usual smile, but he looked rather distracted. I stood up to shake his hand.

“Is everything alright?” I asked him when he didn’t let go of my hand.

He looked down to meet my eyes “It’s Rose, she’s in labour.” His face flushed pink, as if he was embarrassed to show his great excitement.

Rose was his twin sister.

“Okay. I guess you would like to go and see her then,” I stated, gently pulling my hand away.

“Really? Are you sure you don’t mind?” he asked me grinning.

“No, of course not, this is a just a routine appointment, we can reschedule.” I told him, picking my bag from the chair I’d left it on, I put it on my shoulder, and lifted the flap to retrieve my gloves.

“Yes.” He replied sounding unsure, his voice had a definite wobble to it but then he smiled. “You can still have your appointment today, just not with me.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, come on.” And with that he led me down to the corridor to meet the substitute, you. When we reached the end of the corridor, he stopped abruptly, I just about managed to stop without bumping into him.

“He’s a student, so go easy on him,” he told me with a laugh “But don’t worry, he’s in this third year, knows what he’s doing. He’ll be fully qualified in a few months anyway.”

“Okay.” I nodded and stepped forward. When Doctor Carter had left my line of vision I gave the door a light tap.

Nothing. I waited a few seconds then tried again.

Just as I was about to turn to go and complain to the receptionist,  you opened the door and I came face to face with your radiant face, you  had a bright smile to match with your bright eyes, that sparkled blue.

“Hello there Neva,” You said offering me your hand. I smiled when I heard that come out of your mouth, I’d never heard anyone call me that before. I took your hand and shook it, the smile on my face growing.

I looked around  the room you practiced in; I frowned as I stepped inside. It looked like a hospital room at first glance; with the pale blue walls, white ceiling, the bed with the fitted sheets and a mint curtain that would pull around the bed.

But then were touches that made it hard to distinguish if it was something out of your home, like the bowl of coloured marbles that looked out of place, a purple bean bag that didn’t match the pastel colour scheme you had going on. But it looked nice, I smiled as I noticed the flower pots you had on the windowsill, all but one were small, there was one that loomed above all, I looked up and saw a bright yellow sunflower that still appeared to have a little name tag attached to it.