Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Hail (hail)

What's the matter with your hair? Yeah

Hail (hail)

What's the matter with your mind and your sign? And a, oh, oh, oh-a

Hail (hail)

Nothing the matter with your head baby, find it, come on and find it

Hail

With it, baby, 'cause you're fine, and you're mine, and you look so divine

Come and get your love

- Come and Get Your Love by Redbone.

Ianto found that, in his rush the previous day, he still had to go out again on Valentine's Day for a few things. He came into the Hub using the invisible elevator carrying multiple shirt bags to stock the rooms with goodies requested by the other couples to make for a nice, private event for each in their respective suites. Usually, Jack was readily available to help him with the bags when Ianto got back from shopping but this time Ianto couldn't see him anywhere. "Jack! Jack! Come help me with these bags. Jack!" Ianto was beginning to believe Jack had left or was on the roof – he liked roofs after all.

Ianto hauled half the over-stuffed bags into the kitchen. "Jack!" he hollered, now somewhat irritated. He started to press his earbud to get Jack on the com when he nearly fell over a giant heart-shaped cake. "What the hell?"

"Hello mon cheri!" Charlye said as she popped out, arms welcoming and deliciously naked. "N'êtes-vous pas heureux de me voir? (Aren't you glad to see me?)".

Ianto dropped the broccoli on the floor – he had forgotten just how fit she was – milk chocolate skin, green eyes, firm thigh muscles, and as Bob Seger famously said, "and points all her own sitting way up high". Ianto didn't see her when he returned from Paris and was under the impression that Aliyah had found her a station with another Torchwood locale. But he was glad to see her – he hadn't had the opportunity to thank her for all her help, although at that moment, a collegial appreciation was not what Ianto had in mind.

Charlye's dark auburn hair was longer than he remembered but then again the last time he saw her he was either protecting her from bomb blasts or had his face between her legs (or was he on his stomach?). She seemed well-healed, emotionally and physically from their ordeal. He was both excited and discomfited to see her again. "What are you doing here?" he stuttered in broken French.

Jack was leaning against the entryway of the kitchen, watching it all like a 12-year-old spying with binoculars on the next door neighbors. "Happy Valentine's Day!" He walked over to Ianto and slapped his ass, making Ianto blush even more. "I figured you'd like to enjoy Charlye while sober this time."