Nerd Lab

Tadashi Hamada and Gogo Tomago were the only two remaining in what Gogo affectionately refereed to as the "Nerd Lab." It was one of the communal laboratories at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Particulaly, the lab that held workbenches for the pair, along with their fellow students, namely: Honey Lemon, Wasabi No Ginger, and -unofficially- Fred who was the schools mascot.

"Graduation's coming up?" Gogo asked, nodding her head at the increasingly frequent empty workbenches that scattered about the space.

Tadashi looked up, glancing in the direction the black haired girl had gestured to. He smiled mumbling "I guess so," before turning back to his computer screen.

"What are you doing after college Hamada?" Gogo asked, walking around her own work station to lean against Tadashi's table. "Gonna put that big brain of your's to work?"

"I hope so," Tadashi sighed. "I've honestly been thinking about transferring to another school. I'm thinking about focusing on heath care," He looked up, meeting Gogo's focused eyes. She didn't look upset, which was a relief. "I've been waiting for a good time to bring it up with everyone." He shrugged, hoping to drop the subject.

Gogo bit her lip, her thin purple highlights falling in front of her dark eyes as she thought. "Don't worry to much about what the others are gonna think Tadashi," She said, a small smile spreading across her thin lips. "If that's what you wanna do, go for it!" She gave him a reassuring toothy-grin before dropping it, no doubt embarrassed for her sudden enthusiasm. "I mean, just don't spend a lot of time worried about what they're gonna think. They'll probably be upset, but don't change your future for the sake of others." 

Tadashi smiled. He was ready to kiss her (they had been dating for about a month, hence his concern) until she punch him. Rubbing his shoulder lightly, he settled for a "Thanks Gogo." before turning back to work. Gogo leaned over his shoulder, one of her hand's resting just shy of his neck. Her hand was freezing, but he wasn't about to ask her to move.

"A health robot?" She asked, scanning  over his blue print. "You are such a nerd," She laughed, standing on her tip toes to peck his cheek lightly. Her lips were as cold as her hand, probably because she'd taken off her signature leather jacket a few moments before.

"Yeah, I figure at the very least Hiro could use him," Tadashi smirked adding "He's always in some kind of trouble, and I can't keep an eye on him if I move to a dormitory."

"Wow," Gogo mused, stepping back from Tadashi and places her hands on her hips. "Moving out and transferring schools, you're a regular rebel Tadashi."

"Hey," Tadashi defended sarcastically. "I'm doing it for Hiro." His voice grew a little stern at the mention of his brother's name. Tadashi's shoulders also dropped, just a smidge. "I'm not gonna be in Hiro's life forever and he's a good kid, just a little headstrong. I want to get him to see there are more things out there than his stupid bot fights."

He felt Gogo take his hand, interlacing their fingers tightly as she took another step towards him. "You're his brother Hamada, he looks up to you. I'm sure that if you think this is best it'll be a good thing. It has to be." Her smile was soft as she spoke, reassuring him. "I'm sure that this robot your building will help you, if not your brother. You're sure to get into whatever school you want with a thing like this."

"Thanks Gogo," He sighed, leaning down to rest his chin on her head. Sometimes he liked to do this to tease her about their height difference, but he really did enjoy that she didn't mind. "And who knows? Maybe it'll get Hiro to build one of his dumb robots for a good cause?"

"If what you've told me about him is true," Gogo joked. "Then he's just as clever and egotistical as you."

"And then some."

"Then he's all the better for it," Gogo retorted, moving her head to kiss his temple. "Seems like you get you're best ideas when you can't think of anything."

"Yeah, but Hiro doesn't know how to harness that, he's still to young to really do anything besides complain and throw papers at the wall."

"Still sounds like you."

"Very funny," Tadashi sighed, standing straight again and grabbing his bag. "C'mon, if you want to stop by my place on the way home we better get going." He explained, looking down at his watch. "Your Mom will kill me if we're late."

"She always does" Gogo smirked.

"Do you want those chem notes, or do you want to keep giving me a hard time?"

"I liked where this conversation was going," Gogo teased, punching him again lightly on his other shoulder. "But you're right, I'd hate for my mom to disprove of you."

"You're such a bad liar." Tadashi teased, but took her hand, using his other to grab her jacket. "And your as cold as ice."

"You do care." She laughed, putting the jacket on before re-securing their hands. On there way out, Tadashi snapped on the lights to the lab, the building growing dark as they headed for his moped and away from the remaining glowing lights of San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.

---- Author's Note: ---

So I wrote this straight through without re-reading it because boredom. So if anything's weird or misspelled, or grammatically wrong, now you know why. :p