I've got a better idea

Ginny apperated into the deserted road of the Muggle town, clutching the Deluminator to her chest. She closed her eyes and once again heard the sound of her husband's soft sob in her mind. The light that had gone into her tingled through her now, telling her she was close.

She could smell salt in the air and she knew she was close to the sea. She opened her eyes again and peered through the rain that was slowing to a drizzle; in front of her was gravel that seemed to stretch for miles on end before hitting a tall wall. She had been here before, and she shivered remembering how drawn Harry had been to this particular place. Sure enough, she could just about make out the blurred figure of a man sitting on the wall. She knew, without a doubt, who it was. She started to walk towards the figure only to find herself running full pelt towards him, remembering what lay on the over side of the wall.

"No! Harry, don't do it!" she cried out to him, stumbling on the gravel. She steadied herself then began to run again, her heart beating wildly. She didn't stop until she hit something solid. She started to stumble back: she couldn't stop now; she needed to get to him, but stopped when she felt two strong arms encircle her.

"Ginny, Ginny! What's wrong?" The sound of her husband's muffled voice washed over her like the waves below. He was ok, he was alive, and he was in so much trouble. She pulled herself out of his hold.

"What's wrong? What's wrong!" she screeched. "What were you thinking? Didn't you think about what it would do to us? To our children? You might as well be taking us with you! How could you?" She was yelling, breathing heavily, rubbing her hands over her face.

Memories were bombarding him one by one. He could hear his uncle's voice shouting in his head, pounding in his ears,

"What were you thinking you stupid boy! Can't you do anything right! We give you a home, food, clothes and this is the thanks we get, you ungrateful little-"

"I hate you! We all hate you! You deserve to-"

"Please...stop yelling…" Ginny's head snapped up and she instantly regretted raising her voice. Harry had backed up against the wall, trembling, tear tracks running from his eyes. And his eyes- his beautiful eyes- were no longer the twinkling vivid green, but had been replaced by a darker, haunted look. What had happened to him? Had she really affected him that much? Had she broken him? All the past arguments they had had came flooding back to her:

"Oh for crying out loud, Harry! I told you to pick me up at ten past five not five past ten!"

"What's wrong with you? I spent ages cleaning that!"

"I asked for Chinese! CHINESE! Can't you even get that right?"

She remembered overhearing Ron asking Harry, after a particularly nasty argument where she had yelled for hours and he had merely shrugged it off,

"How do you cope with her yelling at you all the time mate? How do you just shrug it off like that?"

"I'm used to it. My uncle used to yell a lot"

Was she as bad as his uncle? Did she remind Harry of his uncle? She pushed the thoughts away and carried on more softly,

"You can't just leave us like that. You can't just throw away your life… like that." Harry just blinked at her, still looking startled, but relieved that the yelling had stopped.

"Throw away-" his eyes widened in shock as realisation hit him. "No, Ginny, I wasn't, I wasn't going to- Ginny, I was just sitting here. I wouldn't do that. I can't." He spluttered, releasing his hold on the wall behind him and stepping closer to her. Ginny sighed in pure relief and though slightly ashamed that she thought her husband was trying to kill himself, Ginny couldn't completely blame herself for thinking it. She had never seen Harry look so rattled before, so vulnerable.