A Short Stack Love Story; set four

a short stack love story.

VOTE! COMMENT! RATE!

(photo of Andy Clemmensen)

CHAPTER FOUR.

Sage.

Furiously I chucked the foam Chinese container into the bin of the food court, and stopped back to Bradie. Andy, Carrie AND Shaun left moments ago, and took the car with them.

Let me repeat that, Andy and Carrie. AND Shaun!

Knowing what their intentions were, I gagged on my own tongue and glared sullenly at nothing in particular.

“I’d give it a solid ten out of ten disgusting.” Bradie laughed and I slapped him on the arm. “I was joking, jeez!” As hard as he tried to be serious, the smirk couldn’t keep itself off his face and I huffed in defeat.

We sat there for a few seconds, wrapped up in our own thoughts and an idea occurred to me. “Can we call a taxi and go to the beach? I haven’t surfed in a while and it’d be nice to get back into it.”

Silently Bradie handed me his Samsung, and it wasn’t until after I had looked up the taxi cab number that I saw his look of pure horror.

“What? Actually hold that-“I held up my finger as a gruff sounding man answered the phone.

I told him we were at the mall and he said a cab should be there in fifteen minutes. Gently I hung up the phone and grabbed Bradie’s hand, and we headed to the road.

“So what’s up?”

“Surfing? As in actually surfing with a board? Are you sure you don’t mean channel surfing? Like on the t.v.?” My inner 12 year old came out again for a second time that day, and I giggled.

“No Bradie, I mean actual surfing with a surf board at the beach with people, bathers and the sun.” He growled at me and stomped ahead.

“Bradie! I’m sorry for teasing you!” Quickly I jogged towards him and wrapped my arms around him from behind. He stopped walking instantly and I felt his muscles tense. The strong smell of his cologne flooded my senses, and I couldn’t help but feel slightly aroused. “Bradie…” His name came out more of a groan then anything, and he spun around in my arms.

It seemed the electricity between us wasn’t just in my mind, as his voice also came out gruff and distorted. “Sage…”

Without realising what I was doing, I stood on my toes and plastered my lips against his. We moved in sync and let out emotions take over.

Slowly the sense of sound came back to my body and I gasped at what I had done and pulled back, removing my hands from him completely, but staying pressed against him in a very awkward position.

“Bradie… We can’t, I’ve known you for less than a day…” I trailed of and understanding was clear in his eyes.

“I think that a nice cold ocean sounds great, now that I think about it.” He muttered, and we separated, walking side by side in silence.

**

The taxi pulled up alongside the road at the beach, and Bradie handed over a few twenties before I could protest, even then I tried to make him at least go halves.

“Anyway,-“ Bradie said loudly, cutting me off. Again. “What exactly are you planning on wearing whilst surfing when you have no wetsuit or bathers?” He questioned me smugly and I smirked.

“Hold these, these and these, and follow me.” I handed him three of my bags and headed to the lifeguards look out. The dry sand sunk in between each of my toes as I walked even with my thongs on, and I savoured the feeling. From my small town in New South Wales, the closet thing we had to a beach was a small lake, and even then, half the time it was almost empty.

Bradie kept silent during a walk, and didn’t question where I was headed, but I did notice when we reached the small lookout, he rose his eyebrows. “Um…?”

I smiled, not responding and jogged quickly up the steps, still holding onto one of my bags. “Knock knock?” Gently I knocked on the open door and I almost had to push my jaw back up from awe.

One gorgeous brunette was looking through a pair of binoculars, intently searching the beach. Another male was standing at a coffee machine laughing, and showing off a pair of perfect white teeth. The third sat quietly in the corner, the side of his mouth raised in a smirk as he pulled of a pair of sneakers.

They were all shirtless, and had impeccable, lick-able abs.

 When I spoke, the three of them turned to face me with small smiles on their face, but each of their eyes full of confusion. The blonde at the coffee machine rushed towards me, “Are you okay, is someone hurt?”

“No.” I replied, smiley slightly. “I was just wondering if you had a toilet or something where I could out on my bathers?”

A sigh full of relief exited his mouth and I chewed my lip. “Sure, just that door over there. I’m Aden by the way.” He stuck out his hand and I watched as his eyes trailed down my body, but not in a perverted manner. Suddenly I felt self-conscious in my thongs, and white summer dress.

“Thank you, I’m Sage.” We shook hands, and then I headed to the bathroom in a rush. Behind me I heard a whisper from one of the boys, ‘She’s cute.’

I blushed and fully shut the door.

**

Bradie.

Sage run up the stairs of the guardhouse, and I marvelled over how that dress shaped her butt perfectly. Not that I was trying to look, but it sat about three and a bit inches above her knees, and when she was higher up then me, I grew slightly at her tone thighs.

Get it together Bradie!

I groaned and gripped the back of my neck with both hands, and sat down at the foot of the stairs. My thoughts were filled with the thought of holding Sage in my arms, stroking her back and kissing her as much as I wanted.

Yeah man, that doesn’t sound creepy or anything.

Again I groaned and stared out into the ocean, distracting my mind with random chords on a guitar I would use to create Shaun’s new song, which he would- naturally, get all the credit for.

Voices from the guardhouse house had my head snapping up and I saw Sage give a small wiggle of her fingers and slowly walk down to me. Her body was fitted with a plain yellow bikini that had no straps, and a black wetsuit hanging from her waist. I gulped and my eyes wouldn’t tear themselves away from her perfectly sculptured breasts. Except they did, only to trail down to a flat stomach, and a purple belly ring.

“Hey pervert, reading to watch the master?” Sage winked and flipped her brown hair behind her shoulder and strutted off towards the ocean, swinging her hips in a very suggestive way.

For a third time I groaned, then headed after her. After a second, it dawned on me. “Hey! Where’s your board?”