Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

MY NAME IS KATIA JINERS.

Weird name, huh? I moved to the crappy state of Ohio. I used to live in Akron when I was younger but sometimes as you know, plans tend to change. I was born October 6, 1996. I am currently 15 years old. I have dark brown hair and eyes with the mix of Mexican and Thai for my heritage. And, no, I can't speak Spanish or Chinese, or any type of language. I speak the native language: ENGLISH! (I'm not British either, though it'd be kinda cool. Lol.)

I've been at school since the beginning of January after everybody got back from winter break. I've made a couple of friends, but not very many since I'm super-duper shy. I barely talk to people unless I'm forced to, or if I'm bored. Oh, and I'm also hearing-impaired, meaning I have to wear hearing aids. (Granted, it's not as fun as it sounds and no, I do not have super-bionic hearing.)

But I'm just like everyone else, even though I cover my ears with my hair. No one really pays attention so I don't mind. To pass my time, I like to read, sing, and act and occasionally, if I'm in the mood, dance. OK, enough with the boring introduction. TO LE BOMB! (I mean, story...whoops. hehe) I'm so sure you all are so eager to learn more about your favorite Covenant boys, so here's the stitch: I was sitting in my assigned seat in homeroom (which is first period everyday, for two hours) when Mrs. Irvin announced that there were some new students transferring here. I looked up from being engrossed in my drawing of Evanescence's Amy Lee, (for a school project and I was trying to get it done), and frowned, because a) who in their right goddamn minds would choose to do that with half of the semester finished and watched curiously as four teenage looking guys walked through the door and stood in front of the class. One thing I loved about Mrs. Irvin was that she never made us introduce ourselves if we were new. But I guess, today, she felt obligated to.

"Class, this is our new transfer students from Ispwich, Massachusetts," she said. "These are..."

"Caleb Danvers."

"Pogue Parry."

"Reid Garwin."

"Tyler Simms."

Thier names sounded familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it. I returned to my drawing, trying to recall where I heard of their names. Maybe it was one of those moments when I heard it in a conversation. I don't really know. I had to get this drawing done. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the new kids take their seats in the front row, in a square. After 5 minutes after taking attendance, Mrs. Irvin announced, "Alright. Acting scene! Today is all about improvising! So. . . .who has not gone?"

The class groaned. Silently, I prayed to myself, Not me. don't pick me. Mrs. Irvin made up a thing that allowed us to move and talk during study hall, since people complained it was boring and quiet. Basically, all you had to do was act until class was over. I never done it before, but it seemed like a fun experience. The problem was, I was too shy.

"So! Will...Katia Jiners---" I face-palmed myself. "And... hmmm... new kid, Reid Garwin come up here?" I took a deep breath, then walked to the front of the room, ignoring the whispers and stares and giggles. Was it a coincidence that out of all days she picked me?  Normally she never did, knowing that I was shy but maybe she was trying to help me break out of my shell. Truth was, I did need that. I rubbed my hands together nervously. Reid was hesitating until one of his friends--Caleb, I guess-- poked him and hissed, "Go up there, idiot!"

We faced each other, my hands still trembling as I tried to shake out my nerves. Stupid anxiety. 

Fuck, why'd he have to be tall? I had to look up at him, since I was short, about I dunno, 6'1'' or something like that.

Reid had blue eyes, spiked blond hair, a handsome face and was wearing fingerless black gloves and a beanie on his head, completed with a black long-sleeved shirt, dark blue jeans, with a chain-like belt (which I'm pretty sure were against the school clothes policy.) He looked like a troublemaker, what with that growing smirk on his face. I cleared my throat, ready to vomit from my growing anxiety, praying to get this over and done with. Fuck, these guys were cute. Wait, why is he . . .?

"Ok, guys. Improvise!" Mrs. Irvin said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Fuckityfuckfuck say something omigosh I don't want to be here kill me already dude say something

I tried really hard not to blush when he smiled at me, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't succeeding. I tried thinking when I realized he wasn't going to do anything. Then I got an idea. I grabbed Reid and led him out into the hallway. He stared at me.

"Improvise, remember?" I told him. I poured all my anger and rage inside me. Every stupid worthless feeling I ever felt, the loss of my parents, channeling, willing my anxiety to go away. I just wanted this over and done with. Work with me, bro. Then I slammed the door open and stormed inside.

"YOU IDIOT!" I screamed. People looked shocked. I moved angrily around the desks, before plopping myself into my chair. Reid, who had followed me, stood by me, arms crossed over his chest. I fiercily started scribbling in my sketchpad on a blank page, doing quick sketches.

"Katia..."

How'd he know my -- oh yeah.

"How could you do that to me?!" I demanded, without looking up. Reid said nothing. "You know what? Screw this," I shouted, shoving my stuff from my desk to the floor. I sighed heavily, realizing that the contents of my open book bag had fallen out, then bent down to pick them up. Reid knelt down and helped me. I snatched my things from his hands, stood up and collected my stuff, walking to the door. But Reid blocked my way.

"Get out of my way," I growled.

"No," he replied. "We need to talk."

"Not now," I said, trying to scoot around him. Okay, here we go. We're improvising. Right? We were standing in front of the front row. Everyone had thier eyes on us, I guess, waiting what the freak would do. "I'm going to be late!" I protested. He sighed. Then he grabbed the things from my hands, set them aside and pushed me down into an empty chair.

"Sit your as down, I'm trying to talk to you, Katia!" I looked up at him in real disbelief. Just go with it, Katia.

"Look, Katia, I'm sorry for whatever I did to you. But I don't regret it. Look I guess what I'm trying to say is...I---"

"You don't care about me!" I shouted back. "No one does! I'm a fucking freak! Everybody hates me!" Real tears ran down my cheeks. I was literally saying what was on my mind, voicing my thoughts aloud. I wanted the weight of my chest and I didn't care at that moment who it would hurt. Yeah, I'm selfish but screw it."And---and---" I broke down, sobbing. Reid embraced me carefully after a long moment of hesitation and uncertainty. Crap, I didn't mean for this to happen.

"It's okay, Katia. You'll wake up soon. This is all just a dream." I looked up at him, sniffling. This is actually not that bad.

SCENE CHANGE--THE (FAKE) BED-ROOM

(I put three desks together and laid on top of them for a bed, using my stupid sparkly pink sweater as a blanket). I opened my eyes as I pretended to look confused, sitting up, realizing this was all a dream. Then all of a sudden, a girl said,"Freak!" then pushed me over the desks.

Wait, what the--- the push from the girl caused me to knock my head against the wall hard before I became dazed and drifted to unconsciousness.

__

EDIT (2017): Y'all still reading this? Alrighty then. Take this as you want. This is definitely probably a parody and im not even trying to hide how horrible and laughable this is. What the hell was I thinking back then? Still hope you guys enjoy this anyway. *Throws this at you because I don't even want to look at this anymore*