Chapter 17

Sitting in front of Dilton with a cup of tea in my hand I asked him.

"So this story you want to tell me. Are you sure I want to hear it?" I asked afraid that he might say something that hurt me.

"I think this story will shed some light on certain issues." He said that like this storie will change our whole lives. So instead of replying I motioned for him to continue. I was very curious to what this story contained.

"I presume that was your way of telling me to get on with it right?" He chuckled as he said that. Oh how I missed that chuckle. I remember the night I sat on my porch looking over the ocean at the ships that was moving on the horizon. But I wasn't staring at the ship in sadness that were moving on, oh no the only thing I could think about was him. His laughter, his smile, his mischievous smirk when he was up to no good. Yes the fun we always had when he smirked like that.

"Liz hello.... Lizzy are you still with me?" Huh why would he ask me that I gave him a confused look. He just shook his head smiling.

"Never mind let me start again I am very sure you didn't hear a word I said." Shit did I zone out so bad? Oops I better concentrate. So instead of looking like a fool and confirming that I was day dreaming I just surged my shoulders. He understood, which was a relieve and continued.

"So as I was saying. About 12 years ago this colleague student met a girl. He was immediately attracted to her. She was smart she was funny and she was caring. Everything he ever looked for in a girl. But could never find. There was always something missing. So he watched this girl from a distance, confronting her was the last of his wishes. You know boys and feelings they are really shitty with it. Anyway, eventually he got the balls to talk to this girl and in her first sentence I swore he was in love and has met his future wife.
But he never said any of that to, who wants to scare the girl they are trying to off. Well they became close over the next 3 months being inseparable. Then he realised that his you lady friend are showing her some of here feelings. So I grabbed the opportunity and asked her on a proper date. She agreed. And over the course of 12 months they feel deeply in love." I was looking at my hands around my mug I surely did not have balls to look him in the eye. But he didn't force me to look at him all he did was reach for my hand and squeezed it before he continued.

"So on one very romantic dinner date he proposed and she excepted his proposal. But neither of them thought that his mother would resent het like she did. So he distanted himself from his family estate but was still part of the businesses that his parents built up." Anyway he better finish this story I am getting tiered.

"But there was something he never knew because every year on his birthday the whole house hold would go into some kind of frenzy which will cause some kind of mourning which has been causing him to leave this city. But he never knew why he would leave but he had this feeling of emptiness over that specific time of year." I looked at Dilton and I saw an emotion I never seen before. He looked lost. Something that he never was. If there was a person that was certain of every aspect of his live that I Dilton. He took a deep breath and continued.

"After so many years he started digging. For some answers. But while he conducted his investigation he neglected the one thing he cherished the most. The woman he loved. But he saw hope after one very romantic night that she arranged. A night he will always remember." I was staring at him now. He had the nerve to mention the one night I tried to mend our marriage.

"He was home for a very short while but left again to chase his leads. In all this time he never told his wife what burdens he carried. And as faith will be his wife fell ill and the magic of their romantic night was lost. The hope he had was lost and he saw like he did so many other times that his wife was empty. Empty because the one thing a husband is to give his wife he failed to do. And that lead to him asking her for a divorce hoping that she would find husband that can give her a child." He looked at me to see if I was still following and I was tears were running down my face. He was telling our story from his point of view. He also had tears in his eyes.

"He hoped that she would stay and they would mend thing but a few months after she was released from the hospital she disappeared and no one could find her. Not even her parents. He searched high and low and travelled all around the world in hopes to find his lost love. But he failed miserably." He took a deep breath. "A few years later she walked into his office and he was so shocked that he though he saw a ghost. The live of his life was standing there infront of him after he searched everywhere for her. She gave him news that shocked him but also brought him to his knees. Her news was what made him decide to tell her the truth of what happened....." I sat there waiting for him to continue, what ever he tells me won't change what has happened but it ease the pain of the past few years.