Masqued Circus

Masqued Circus

Chapter 1

Leo pov

I gathered my things and quickly left my room, I packed my clothes, iPod, charger and my hidden stash of money from work. My drunk ass foster parents were going to be home soon and I needed to run now! I laced up my beaten converse an opened my window. I grabbed the tree and swung toward the other, then I flipped and landed on my feet, sneaking out often really shaped me out. I grabbed my bike from the shed and got on. I waited til I knew the coast was clear and rode into the nearby woods, I went on the trail until I was at the bridge, the ferry was passing by so I threw my cell phone on and saw it land on the roof.

"Yes! Track me now mofos!!!" I screamed

I got onto my bike and followed the trail until I was at the train tracks, I waited til the old farming supply train came once I saw an open cabin I tossed my bike in and jumped on. I pulled out a blanket and used my bag as a pillow. I left my home with nothing but a small duffel, backpack and a bike. Good riddance to those drunk intolerant abusers... I slept dreaming of a place of freedom and wonder.

I woke up and heard clanks and squeals of the brakes. I waited and tossed my bike down then I jumped off too, I tucked and rolled and stood up fine, just really dusty... I looked around an saw a city a few miles down the road. I picked up my bike and headed toward the lights. I saw lots of greenery and trees but things started to get more urban as I went down the freeway. I stopped at a news stand, "excuse me? Where am I?" the man just snorted and said

"yer in a city punk" he turned and went back to work.

I scoffed "Jerk" I biked awhile til I came to a pier, I sat down and ate the bag of chips I took from home, I sat there awhile. "Where to now...?" I heard a loud bang an a kids shriek I turned and saw a parade of masqurading people, they danced and played and one thing really struck me... Two clowns rode unicycles and on the back two poles were attached between them was a thick cable, a girl was on the cable flipping, walking that tightrope and doing tricks. Then she flipped high in the air and the clowns threw a ball up. With a flash of her flaming baton it was set on fire! The ball burst into a firework so bright I closed my eyes, I felt something soft touch my cheek... I opened my eyes and the kids squealed flowers and ribbons and small sweets rained down... I saw the girl now sitting on her wire smiling. "Ladies and gentlemen! The masqued circus is back for this week only!" she twirled, her white slightly short masqurade dress twirled making flowers and ribbons fly, with a flash she was gone...

PLEASE LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!