Shock

I huge smile crossed my face as I read the letter. Wait a minute… I glared at Mary coldly clutching the letter against my chest. “How did you get this letter?” I demanded not taking my gaze away from hers. Mary looked at me startled, and a bit hurt. “You do know that we are not being treated like prisoners right? I am aloud to walk around if I please. Just as long as Origon isn’t in sight.” Mary snickered, her pale green eyes sparkling. “Who is Origon?” I asked buying Mary’s story.

“Origon is-” before she could finish the door slammed open. I jumped up and put the letter underneath me so that it wasn’t visible. The same man with the blue eyes stood on the door way. “I’m Origon!” He yelled. Turning his cold gaze on Mary, he reached out and grabbed the collar of her gray dress. He then pulled her back with great force, “Get out.” he whispered harshly pushing her away. Mary gave a small yelp before quickly exiting the room.

I gulped as he turned towards me. “What did she tell you?” Since I didn’t reply, he took a few steps closer to me so that I had to look up to see his face. “What did she tell you?” he asked again, anger and frustration clear in his voice.

“Mary was just about to tell me about you.” I said quickly turning my head away. I couldn’t stand looking into Origon’s eyes. “Give me the letter.” Origon demanded grabbing hold of my chin. Now I had no other choice but to look at him, and his eyes. “Let go of me.” I replied yanking his arm away from my face. I grabbed the letter as I stood up, making Origon stumble back a few steps. I showed him the letter, “You see the letter?” I asked holding it up in front of him. “Well you cant have it.” I told Origon ripping the letter into a bunch of tiny pieces. I watched as the remains fell to the ground my face holding no emotion.

I glanced over at Origons face. He just stared at the remains shocked. “ You defied me…” was all that he said. He blinked a few times before his face contorted with anger. “ You imbecile! You fool!” he yelled at me grabbing my shoulders and shook me violently. I saw Origon raise his hand, as if to slap me, so I quickly turned away.

I was waiting for his hand to make contact with my face, my eyes shut tightly. But nothing ever came. Opening my eyes, I looked over at Origon and stared up at him, his usual cold eyes holding a new emotion. I couldn’t tell what exactly that emotion was, but his eyes had softened greatly. I felt my body become warm, a new sensation that I have never felt before. Enjoying the feeling, I welcomed it with open arms. Origon blinked a few times before his face became hard, and his once warm eyes became cold yet again.

He pushed me away roughly and hit me across the face. The feeling of warmth quickly died away and I looked up at Origon my eyes filled with tears. I was hurt. Origon turned to leave, but I grabbed his wrist and yanked him towards me. I twisted his arm backwards and then I pushed him away with all the force I could muster.

Holding onto his arm, Origon looked at me and practically yelled, “You will pay for that you dog!” he turned around and left my room without shutting the door behind him. I smirked. Ha he can’t even close the door! Stupid…

I didn’t even realize that tears were streaming down my face. I walked over to the door and shut it softly. I practically ran to my bed and threw myself on top of it. I screamed into my pillow before I heard yet another knocking on my door.

“Come in.”

I said wiping away the stray tears. Mary came in with a pitiful look on her face. I smiled up at her. “I’m fine.” I said, even though Mary never asked how I was. Mary seemed to be deep in thought so I didn’t say anything else. It was a comfortable silence until questions started running through my brain. How long was I asleep? Where am I exactly? What is up with Origon? How did Dernhil know Mary would get the letter and someone else? Where is Dernhil? Oh my gosh he is ALIVE!!!

“Mary…”

I began, looking intently her. “Yes?” She replied turning her face towards mine. “How long was I asleep?” Mary began to play with her fingers, she didn’t seem too comfortable with the subject. “Mary, how long was I asleep?” I demanded getting really tired of being kept in the dark.

“Over a week.”

Was Mary’s short reply before she stood up. For the first time I realized that Mary was wearing a dark gray cloak that made her eyes stand out. “It is not a bad thing. You needed your rest and it gave me enough time to prepare.”

“Prepare what?”

I asked standing up quickly. “We are going to escape.”

Sooo...can someone let me know what they think? Please and thank you :)

~Awesome513