City of Light

Hello there, my name is Rosa Light, it is a pleasure to meet you. The story I am about to tell you is a bit out of the ordinary, but I warn you it can get a little crazy. It was the summer of two thousand thirteen in the old town of Austin, Texas, where a girl named Rosa who was about sixteen years old lived at. Poor girl only if she have known what a life changing event can happen so quickly in so little time. Rosa had light, brown hair that laid smoothly and flatly against her shoulder blades with her long, black eyes lashes fluttering against her rich, dark brown eyes, wearing only a American Eagle pink, camouflage shirt with a pair of faded blue jean shorts, along with worn out tennis shoes.

Rosa standing beside her best friend Patch with his short, black hair with his light green eyes that was gentle wearing a gray muscle shirt, pair of of dark, old pair of jean shorts, as well with his brand new  New Balance shoes. He was smiling at her while the wind blew through her hair, he was thinking, "only if she how I felt along with my secret of being a fairy of light." Patch just loved how when Rosa talked, acted, and just about everything about her except when she got mad, but that is rare. Rosa looked straight up at Patch smiling one those I need to tell you something grin, " Patch, I been needing to tell you something." Her voice was soft, sweet, and I think I hint of love in.

"Yes?" He said looking straight back her smiling nervously, waiting for her to tell him about another prank she was planning, but she didn't which surprised him, and made him smile. " I love you Patch, and I hope you feel the same." Rosa said, in a loving voice smiling up at him. Patch smiled at her closing his eyes letting leaning down close to her, pressing his soft, rough lips to her soft lips, it wasn't like anything he imagined! Feeling her arms around his neck while his arms wrapped around her waist pulling her closer to his body making the kiss deeper. When they pulled away they were panting very heavily, but smiling like idiots.

"Rosa, you may not believe me, but here goes nothing. I'm a fairy of light." He said to her watching her reaction while her eyes gotten wider. " I believe you because I love you." she said, to me softly. She slide her hands into mine walking back to our treehouse that we had built when we were just little kids. Climbing back into our treehouse Rosa turned on the radio and sang with her lovely voice to the music, while Patch laid on the couch asleep.

Rosa knew nothing would be the same again, but again she grew up in this treehouse since she was 5, but now maybe she and Patch can actually go and live in actual house. Curling up in Patch's arms before she drift off to sleep dreaming on how her new life will be. In the morning she heard a loud horn, jumping up looking around wide eyed, finally noticing it was Patch with an air horn.

Laughing at it with him made her feel good, but she knew she ad to ask him. "Patch, can we got to your homeland?" asking him curiously with hope in her eyes. " We can visit my homeland Iris today, if you want to." he told her, but when those words left his mouth she was already packing. Taking her hand he chanted another language she couldn't understand making a portal open before them. Leading her into the portal as they were teleported to Iris in a second landing in the middle of a village.

The village was busy with people with wings buying, selling, walking, and playing with a lot of trees, grass, water, and a sun that glowed. It was the most beautiful thing Rosa has ever seen in her life, walking around with Patch, people greeted them and shook their hand. Patch led her to a house knocking lightly on the door, a man opened the door smiling pulling them in. "Why if it isn't Patch the son of Mr and Mrs. Frost" the man said, smiling at us with a big old grin on his old,wrinkled face in a old, faded shirt and pants. " Who is this fine, young lady? What can I do for you two?" asking us both as he looked curious to know.

" This is Rosa Light my girlfriend, Sir. I was wondering if I could live in my old house since my parents has died." Patch told the man, but he just nodded handing Patch the key to the house. Bowing to them man we left to a nearby brick house that looks like new, opening the gate and walking to the door letting Patch open the door, there was furniture, a kitchen, living room, and two bedrooms.

Learning the rules here was tough, but I got use to them, getting engaged with Patch was called for a big celebration along with the marriage, but we were both happy. A month later after the marriage I found out I was pregnant, but when I told Patch, he looked sad. " What's wrong, honey?" asking him worried about him, but when he answered it suprised me. "When a woman is pregnant the father must leave until the child is born." He told me, he packed his stuff and left.

With tears going down Rosa's face everynight, but whn she finally gave birth to their daughter word came to her that Patch had died of a bullet wound that hit his heart, with that Rosa cried, but she took care of the child and named her Grace. Grace grew up quickly and had two grandkids named Patch after her father, and Light. Rosa died of old age, she never loved again and always visited Patch's grave with the family.