Chapter 3: "You Only Live Once"

It's dark. Dreek looks around to see where he's at. He hears a faint voice in the distance. Like any normal person, he walked towards the voice. As he gets closers, the sound turns into someone pouting. A light glows in front of him with a figure on top of it.

Judging by the body, Dreek thought of it as a small female. She appears to be crying, but she stopped once she realized Dreek was near her.

The little girl looked up and spoke.

"You finally came for me"

Dreek just stood there and didn't respond, but for some reason, she looked familiar but he's sure that he never seen her in his life.

"You did come for me, right?" the little girl asked.

Dreek spoke as his voice cracked, "I-I don't kno-"

*clack*
*clack*

A loud tapping sound was being made on Dreek's door. Dreek's mother hit the door with the palm of her hand while her bracelet cause more noise.

"Get up baby, It's time to eat" his mother said. Dreek looked at her with his eyes red from being in a deep sleep.

"What time is it?" Dreek said.

"It's about six thirty. Come eat" she said.

"I'm not hungry momma. I'm alright" he said with a sleepy voice.

"Okay baby, you can go back to sleep" she said as she walked away from the room. Dreek got up and looked at his lap thinking to himself.

Some weird ass dream.. He thought to himself. "Whatever" he said out loud. Dreek stood up, when in his dresser and threw some clothes on. He walked in the kitchen and spoke to his mother, "Hey Ma, I'm goin to the park okay?"

"One hour" she said. Dreek smacked his teeth, turned around and walked out the kitchen. "You hear me boy!" his mother yelled from the kitchen. Dreek opened the front door and walked out.

Dreek is half way down the street and plugs up his earphones into his phone. Before he could play a song, he hears someone calls for him.

"Yo!"

Dreek looks back and see that it's his neighborhood friend, Faith. He stops so she can catch up. "What's up nigga!" she says with full of energy. "Where you headed?"

"I'm bout to go clear my mind at the park" Dreek told her.

"Ima walk with you. I'm headed to the park too" she said. Dreek nodded and began to play his music. When both of them reached the park, they saw Faith's twin sister, Hope, jogging around the basketball court.

Faith went to the court where her sister was at while Dreek kept walking towards the benches. He sat down and enjoyed the breeze and fresh air as he changed the song playing from his phone.

Dreek closed his eyes and slouched on the bench with his head tilted back. He jumped went he felt someone had wrapped there arms around him. When he opened his eyes, Senna was above him.

"You came early huh?" She said as she took one of his earphones out and kissed his forehead.

"Nah, I completely forgot all about you shorty" Dreek said smiling.

"Sure you did" she laughed. Senna unwrapped herself from him, walked around and sat on his lap. "You missed me?" she said as she as looking back at him.

"Barely" Dreek said smirking at her. "I don't know why but, I feel comfortable with you"

She turned over and placed her hand on his face rubbing his cheek with her thumb. "That's a good thing" she said looking into his eyes.