Chapter 1

~Hello all, so excited to finally be writing something of my own! I hope you enjoy!~

Dear Diary,

Today I decided that I’m going to marry Percy Moore. I’m so lucky to be with a guy like him. He’s handsome, athletic, and all the other girls are so jealous because he likes me. I only wish that I could give him as much as he gives me but I feel like I’ll never be enough. I’m just thankful that he sees something in me that he loves.

         Honestly I felt like vomiting. Just reading the adolescent ramblings sketched in ink by my fifteen-year-old self, made me sick. How could I have been so stupid? You didn’t stay with your high school sweetheart your whole life and the fact that I lost my heart and the last 6 years of my life to such a loser had me more angry than sad. I wanted to rip every single page I’d written about him out of my diary but I knew one day I wouldn’t mind the reminder of the boy I’d loved. For the moment I needed my logical brain to stop acting on emotion and start thinking about what I needed to do next.  I had a lot more important things to deal with than that stupid jerk but my mind kept drifting back to early that day.

            I’d been with Percy since I was a sophomore in high school and he’d been a senior. He’d graduated and went off to college and I really believed that he was faithful to me. When I decided to go to Brown in Providence, Rhode Island 12 hours away from him in Virginia I’d thought that he was honestly happy for me because he loved me and wanted my success. But today all my illusions had been shattered.

            Today was my 21st Birthday. Percy had flown to Providence to celebrate the day and my graduation. I’d been in my very last class of my undergraduate career when I’d suddenly gotten a crazy migraine. My head was pounding and the light was making me feel nauseous. Thankfully, Professor Wilson decided that the senior class needed a break for all their hard work and dismissed us an hour early. As I meandered across campus I obviously wasn’t looking where I was going because I ran in to someone else and hard. I looked up to the sun shining straight in my eyes making me wince.

     “Could you watch where you’re going?” a deep but rude voice said.

            I rolled my eyes. “Of course you know I ran in to you on purpose. I do like to troll around campus looking for someone to give me a concussion.”

      “Well if you were paying attention than maybe I wouldn’t have run in to you.” Mr. Rude replied.

     “Obviously, you weren’t paying attention either.” I tried to look at Mr. Rude’s face but the sun was still shining in my eyes.

     “This is ridiculous to argue about. Just watch yourself. I would not want anyone else giving that pretty little red head of yours any trouble.”

            He knocked on my head making my migraine pound harder, and just as I went to tell him off the clouds passed over the sun and I got a good look at his face. It froze my words right in my throat.

            He was probably the most handsome man I’d ever seen in my life. Yeah Percy was good looking in that high school football player, homecoming king kind of way, but this guy was worlds different. He towered over my 5’4” frame by at least a foot with sandy blond hair and a five o’clock shadow that was all kinds of sexy. He had startling blue eyes that almost seemed to glow with intensity and a cocky smile with lips that just begged to be kissed. Those lips kicked up a notch when he caught me staring.

     “Got your attention now don’t I?” he chuckled.

            I couldn’t help my scowl. “I got it I’ll pay attention to my surroundings now if you’ll excuse me I need to go.”