Prologue

"So honey, how was your day?"

"Fairly good actually. The guys and I went out to lunch and discussed more plans for the Winson's 'dream house'."

"They're still fantasizing about that burnt orange colored house?"

"Ew! How could anyone want a house like that? I mean for one, it's not like it's a good color to wear anyway. Plus it'll be even grosser as a house color. Did they not consi-"

"Jimi, could you stop?" I interjected, annoyance evident in my speech. "Mom asked dad how his day went, not your input of amateur fashionista opinions."

"Well excuse me, Elie," my sister spat, "but it's not like I asked you to say anything either.

"Now, now, girls. Everyone will get their chance to speak, but right now we're listening to your father's day." My mother flashed us her perfect white smile that sparkled just like her pale blue eyes.

This is pretty regular in the Ostenaco family. Dad tells us about his day, then mom, then me, next my 16-year old sister Jimena, and lastly 10-year old Toby. Of course Jimena can't keep her mouth shut and has to add her own comments in everyone's talking time. Since my mom never tries hard enough to get her to shut up, I just call her by that nickname she now hates since she's "more mature and needs to be respected by everyone."

As if.

She may not get everyone's respect, but my golly she sure does get their attention. She has our mother's eyes and dirty blonde hair to her mid back. Lucky for her, it was pin straight thanks to Dad. She was shorter than me, probably around 5'4". This made her the flyer on her competitive cheer team, where all they do is flip around and smile with their mostly fake tans. Jimena doesn't really need to tan, being half Cherokee, but alas she still does.

I, on the other hand, try to stay out of the way. My hair was wavy and dark brown like my father's, yet came past my waist. I took on his kaleidoscope eyes, strong build, and I'm about 5'8".

That just leaves Toby. His slightly long light brown hair was always a ruffled mess and came just above his hazel-freckled blue eyes. Unlike most kids his age, he likes to sit home and read books. When he does go outside, it's mostly to play sports or study wildlife.

Really I just find our family too perfect. Mom's a dentist, Dad owns a construction company, Jimena cheers, and Toby is, well Toby. I'd go insane and kill myself if I had to be with my family every second of the day.

Except I already have; six times actually.

I, almost 18-year old Wynnona Elinoah Ostenaco, am a Sham; one who ultimately fakes their death multiple times to be in contact with nature and/or the dead.

I do both, and more.

>>>I know I have a lot of stories coming along but this is just an idea I have :)<<<