Calum Hood

Phone calls with your best friend, Calum, were always your favourite. He had just gotten back from a really exciting tour with his band in the US so you hadn't really seen him much in a while. By the end of the phone call, Calum and you had decided to see each other tomorrow for a day and night of fun like you used to. He was meeting you at your flat the next afternoon.

~

When you opened the door and finally saw Calum standing in front of you, you locked your arms around him in a bear hug. "Don't ever leave again. Do you know how boring it is here without you. There is literally nothing to do." You said.

"And do you know how messy four boys sharing one bus can be? Almost messier than you." Calum winked and you both giggled.

The two of you decided to put a movie on and sit on the couch to catch up. You told Calum about your time while he was gone. You had a new job and you were starting school soon. Calum sat and listened to you ramble on and on about what you were going to be taking in school and how you would have to move to the city. His eyes never left your lips in amazement as you spoke with such passion about what you love. 

Once you were pretty much done with everything you did, Calum started telling you about the tour. He told you about all the things him and the boys did together. He spoke with so much passion when he talked about performing and a little pink blush crept onto his cheeks when he admitted to you that some of the acoustic shows made him really nervous.

A bottle of wine was taken from your kitchen and you two shared a few glasses. "Hey, wanna do something crazy?" Calum asked.

"Like what?" You said with a fuzzy head from the wine.

"Let's go get tattoos! I will pay, I miss spending the time with you and it would be so much fun, come on!" Cal said.

"Fine I guess. But let's both get something in secret and show each other after!" 

With a quick change into a tshirt and high waitsted shorts you pulled Calum off the couch and outside into the cool air. You shivered involuntarily not realizing how cold it was now that the night air had kicked in. Calum laughed lightly before pulling his cardigan off and putting it around you. "You're gonna freeze, Cal, it's so cold." you said.

"Psh, I'm a man, we can survive the cold as long as the damsel gets to be warm." You two laughed at how cheesy and rediculous Calum sounded as you rounded the corner to downtown.

Your flat was only a few blocks from the downtown strip of shops, including a tattoo shop where you were headed. You were still unsure of the tattoo you wanted to get but you wanted something small. 

"How can I help you two?" the girl at the desk asked as you walking in. 

"Is there any way you can get me and my lovely friend here in for a tattoo?" Calum said.

"Can do. Give the artists about twenty minutes to get things set up and they will come out and get you after. Just fill out these forms first."

The standard name, address, birth date forms were filled out and handed back to the girl. You and Calum sat and talked for a bit, mostly trying to put the nerves out of your mind. 

"You two can come back now." A large tattooed man came out from the back and said. He ushered you two into separate rooms and soon returned to yours. 

"So what are we getting today?" he asked. "Something for you and the boyfriend perhaps?" 

"He isn't my boyfriend actually, we're just really good friends. But I would like to get a small rose tattoo on the upper side of my right leg. It's for my mom, she passed away when I was younger but she always like roses."

The artist got to starting after some drawings were made up and one was chosen. The tattoo was very small and took just under an hour to get it competely finished and cleaned up. When you walked back into the lobby area of the shop Calum was waiting for you. There was a peak of bandaging coming from the inside of his shirt near his collarbone. 

Let's go back to yours and then do the revealing shall we?" Calum asked.

You obliged and thanked the artists for a lovely job before starting the walk home. 

Walking home was sore for you having gotten the tattoo on your leg but without too much pain and some small talk about the tattooing process you made it home. 

"You first!" Calum said excitedly sitting cross legged on the couch waiting for your reveal. You peeled the tape off the covered section of your leg revealing the small rose tattoo. A smile spread wide across his face. "For your mom, she would love it, it looks so cute." he said and smiled.

"Thanks Cal. Now let me see yours." 

Calum stood up and pulled his shirt over his head. You had seen the pictures of him and his bandmates working out while on tour but you didn't think he would be that ripped by the time he came back. The kid eats like a pig but where there used to be a cute belly there was now toned abs and you couldn't help but stare a bit. 

The staring continued until you heard the tape peeling off his collarbone where you saw the tape earlier. Revealing the tattoo you saw it read MMXII which were the roman numerals for the year 2012.

"What's the meaning behind 2012?" 

"Well 2012 was a big year for me. The band got noticed and the fanbase grew. We got picked up by a record label, toured with Cher Lloyd and Hot Chelle Rae then toured with One Direction just after. My career took off in 2012." Calum paused and looked you dead in the eyes. He was standing in front of you and his hands snaked around your waist. "It was also the year when I really realized that I love you." 

His lips brushed yours in a light kiss lasting much too short for you. Your hands swam into his hair and you pulled his lips back to yours. "I think I love you too Cal."